Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter's private tour with Papal Tombs
Enjoy a private tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica and the Papal Tombs as you discover the wonders of one of the world’s largest museums and churches. Learn from your expert guide as you admire the art of Raphael, Michelangelo, Caravaggio, and many more. Complete your experience in St. Peter’s Basilica and the Papal Tombs as you stand at the centre of Catholicism. Make the most of your experience with a specialist, exclusive guide at your side, and book a starting time of your choice.
• Enjoy a personal experience with your private, expert guide
• Marvel at Michelangelo’s masterpiece and the vast treasures of the papal art collection
• Explore the incredible St. Peter’s Basilica & Papal Tombs
• Beat the queues with skip-the-line priority tickets
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Skip-the-ticket to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica and Papal Tombs
- Private live guide
- Free Wi-Fi & Recharging station for your mobile devices at the meeting point
- Bathroom access
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Stanze di Raffaello
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pick up & Drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The Vatican Museums span 2000 years of art history, and your private tour includes a selection of the highlights of this incredible art collection. Admire the famous masterpieces of Caravaggio, da Vinci, and other Renaissance greats, and compare these with the ancient statues of the Pio Clementino Museum. Listen as your guide deepens your understanding with tales from the artists’ fascinating lives and answers all of your questions about the masterpieces in front of you.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Stanze di Raffaello, Viale Vaticano, Vatican City Italy
A real treasure of the Vatican Museums, explore the Raphael Rooms to appreciate the talent of one of the most acclaimed Renaissance artists. Enjoy every detail as your guide points out Raphael’s depiction of Michelangelo and da Vinci in ‘The School of Athens’, and appreciate the high quality of the vivid frescoes. The Raphael Rooms are an often-overlooked gem, overshadowed by the fame of the Sistine Chapel, and this tour gives the opportunity for equal appreciation of the two fantastic sites.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Visit the Sistine Chapel, instantly recognisable around the world as a symbol of the High Renaissance and the incredible art it produced. See with your own eyes the masterpieces of Michelangelo that some have called the most iconic art of all time. Listen as your private guide explains Michelangelo’s outstanding achievement and long-lasting legacy to the world of art.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Your tour continues in St. Peter’s Basilica, one of the largest and most famous churches in the world. The beautiful exterior of the church is matched by its stunning interior, with mosaics, statues, and frescoes decorating every inch of this exquisite destination. Learn more about the church’s religious significance from your guide as you take in the art and architecture.
Feel the full reverential importance of the Vatican as you descend to the Papal Tombs. A secret gem of the Vatican, a tour of the Papal Tombs gives you the opportunity to witness the final resting place of many popes and European royals. Appreciate the holy significance of the Vatican as you reflect on the incredible sites of the tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Via Germanico, 8, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- All visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica, and/or the Papal Tombs close without notice. If this happens, you'll spend the full tour duration in the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.