Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel Tour
The Vatican is not to be missed, but the lines are! Our personal, skip-the-line experience will ensure you see the very best the Vatican has to offer in a few hours. Discover some of the world’s most iconic sculptures and paintings and learn the stories of the legendary artists behind them. Expect works from Michelangelo, Raphael, Da Vinci, Caravaggio and more.
You can miss out on so much by doing the Vatican alone. Your expert guide will navigate the best of the 2000 rooms to ensure you see the must-see highlights. Expect little known facts, anecdotes and hidden gems along the way. Finally we will visit the Sistine Chapel and admire the most famous frescoes in the world by Michelangelo... and hear the enchanting stories behind them.
When visiting the Vatican, please make sure you cover knees and shoulders, even in the summer.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Skip the line tickets
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican City, Vatican City, Lazio
The Vatican City is the worlds smallest fully independent nation state, and home to the Museums, Sistine Chapel and also St. Peters Basilica. As we cross the border from Rome to the Vatican City we will undergo a quick security check. You won't need your passport for this country though.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The Vatican Museums are some of the largest museums in the world, with over 1000 rooms and 7km of art galleries. With our expert guides, you’re guaranteed to see the very best the Vatican has to offer without spending a whole day getting lost. You will explore the Gallery of the Maps and Gallery of Tapestries. Your guide will bring to life the magnificent works of Raphael, Da Vinci, Caravaggio, Michelangelo and many more. Discover the hidden secrets and dark politics that lie behind the beauty of the works collected in these sacred halls.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Prepare to be in awe of the masterpiece that is the Sistine Chapel. Stand beneath Michelangelo’s legendary Creation of Adam and marvel at The Last Judgement. There is no talking in the chapel so your guide will explain the history before you enter. You will learn the secrets of the Pope’s personal place of worship and the story of how Michelangelo spent years perfecting his works. But no photos allowed!
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, 100, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.