Vancouver 17-Foot Self-Driven Boat Rental
Explore the waters close to Vancouver with this 1-hour speed boat rental. Discover the protected region of Howe Sound, just minutes from downtown Vancouver, in a 17-foot speed boat. Each boat can accommodate up to five passengers. Visit a seal colony or bird sanctuary, stop at an island for homemade pie or local artisan shops, and keep an eye out for orcas and humpback whales. There is something for everyone. Expert instruction plus the boat, fuel, and all safety equipment are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Safety Instruction
- Boat, fuel, and all safety equipment
- Maps and points of interest
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
What's excluded :
- The listed price does not include an $8 parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Begin this exciting, self-driven boating experience from Sewell's Marina Ocean Adventure Centre in West Vancouver, BC — or upgrade to include hotel shuttle transportation from downtown Vancouver.
Upon check-in, please bring identification and a credit card for a pre-authorization of $500, which is returned upon the completion of the rental. After the paperwork is filled out (approximately 10 minutes), receive all the required safety instruction. The local tour operator provides maps and suggestions for the trip based on the time available. Once everything has been reviewed, a temporary permit will be issued to operate the boat for the duration of the trip.
Chart any course desired while out on the waters. There are more than 22 islands within the boundaries and it's possible to see downtown Vancouver from the southern portion — a truly stunning sight. Visit a seal colony or bird sanctuary, stop at an island for homemade pie or local artisan shops, and keep an eye out for orcas and humpback whales. There is something for everyone.
Safety instruction, plus the 17-foot boat, fuel, all the necessary safety equipment (like life jackets), plus maps and points of interest are included. Life jackets can accommodate children from 20 pounds up to adults. The boat carries enough fuel for up to four hours.
Upon returning to the marina, one of the staff members will assist with docking the boat while someone at the check-in counter will complete the rental.
Departure Point :6409 Bay St, West Vancouver, BC V7W 3H5, Canada
Please call the office at 604-921-3474 the day before your trip to confirm pick-up details.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 21 years old
- Photo ID and Visa, MasterCard, Amex required for deposit
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, an alternative date or full refund will be offered
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.