Van Serai, Jageshwar
The Hindu pilgrimage town of Jageshwar sits, as though frozen in time, perched at an altitude of 6135 feet. Believed to be the abode of one of the twelve ‘Jyotirlingas’, it is one of the most important religious places for Hindus in Kumaon. Legend has it that Lord Shiva would come down from his abode and meditate here, surrounded by the thick Deodar forest.
A gruelling six years in the making, Van Sarai has truly been a labour of love. Attention to every detail has resulted in a unique stay option that has ensured the lodge fits into the local surroundings seamlessly. The architectural inspiration of Van Sarai comes from the traditional Kumaoni style of construction. All the rooms and common areas have been designed keeping in tune with the local architectural feel. Big verandas in the front and back have been specially created to let the guests enjoy the greenery and make the most of the warm sunshine bathing the lodge.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- A visit to Jageshwar is incomplete without interaction with a local family accompanied by a local Kumaoni meal. Sit around the bonfire hearing the local folklore and haunting Kumaoni music and songs. Feel the warm-hearted welcome and make a friend for life. Let our staff know if you‘re interested and we will help put it together for you.
Daily and Overnight Treks: Treks that take you through awesome mountain country. Amazingly revitalizing the solitude walks (serene solitude to help you be one to one with your inner self) take you through quaint pathways on the beaten as well as the un-treaded tracks. The solitude treks are conducted through thick forests and quaint Kumauni villages. Mostly downhill they are easy for everyone.
• Jageshwar, Jageshwar, Almora District, Uttarakhand
• Archaeological Museum Jageshwar, Archaeological Survey of India, Almora 263623 India
• Mahamrityunjay Temple, Dandeshwar-Jageshwar Road, Jageshwar 263623 India
• Kumauni Dishes & Sathvik Food - Enjoy Farm-fresh Local Kumaoni dishes and Sathvik food. As per seasonal ingredients available
Departure Point :Van Serai, Dandeshwar-Jageshwar Road, Jageshwar Range, Uttarakhand, Jageshwar Dham, District Almora, Uttarakhand 263623, India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.