Valletta City Walking Tour with St. John's Co-Cathedral
Any visit to Malta must include a walk through the historic centre of Valletta and a visit to St. John’s Co-Cathedral is a must.
At a comfortable pace your guide will unfold the history of this World Heritage Site. You will learn how Valletta began, how it evolved over the centuries, and about the events which shaped it into the city that it is today.
As you walk past Auberges, palaces and churches your guide will explain about the Knights of Malta and the city’s connections with the British period. You will also visit gardens, which offer stunning views of Malta's Grand Harbour. The walk ends with a guided tour of St. John's Co-Cathedral, including the oratory which houses Caravaggio's masterpiece "The Beheading of St. John the Baptist".
per adult from
What's included :
- A 3 hour guided tour of Valletta by a licensed tour guide.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to St. John's Co-Cathedral. (Adults €15, Seniors / Students €7.50)
- Entry/Admission - St. John's Co-Cathedral
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. John's Co-Cathedral, St. John Street, Valletta, Island of Malta Malta
Your guide will meet you at the entrance of Valletta at 10.00am in front of the New Parliament on Freedom Square and proceed on a 3 hour guided tour of Malta's capital city.
Valletta, an architectural gem, is a monument in itself founded by the Knights of St John following the victory of the Great Siege of 1565.
Your private tour guide will lead you through this unique city and highlight the history behind the imposing facades. Valletta is a planned fortress city, a living testimony of Malta's rich heritage.
The walk will finish with a guided tour of St. John's Co-Cathedral, the former Conventual Church of the Knights of Malta.
This unique church is one of the finest examples of baroque architecture and one of the world’s greatest cathedrals. (Tickets to the Cathedral can be bought on the day and are not include in the tour price).
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :New Parliament Building, Republic St, Valletta, Malta
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :St. John's Co-Cathedral, Triq San Gwann, Il-Belt Valletta, Malta
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.