Valencia Horchata Private Tour, Workshop, and Tasting Experience
Would you like to know how Horchata is made from this small nugget? Find out on this private tour to the north Valencia garden. You will discover the whole process: from the chufa is planted until the horchata comes to the table. Then, learn how to make your own homemade horchata and savor it with a fartón.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local expert guide
- Private tour for a maximum of 4 people
- Guided visit to Alboraya town, tiger nut fields, farmhouses, and a drying building and horchatería
- Horchata-making workshop
- Horchata and fartón sweet tasting
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alboraya, Alboraya, Province of Valencia, Valencian Country
You'll be picked up at your accommodation and after 15-20 minutes you will arrive to Alboraia town to visit the Valencia garden called L’Horta Nord. This landscape is drawed by an incredible irrigation system inherited from the Arabs, centenary traditional farm houses, and little gardens plenty of crops. On this tour you will discover this folkloric countryside and their native plantations, like the tigernut.
Tigernut is a small tuber. In Europe it only grows in the north of Valencia city (Alboraia town), and it holds the Valencia Qualified Designation of Origin.
The horchata is a natural, healthy, refreshing and nutritious drink made with the tigernut, exclusive product of L’Horta Nord. The Valencian people loves it, and it is one of the most widely consumed drink, especially in the summer time.
First you will stroll the tigernut fields, and the expert guide will explain you how it is sowed and cultivated. Then, you will visit an authentic tigernut drying building, situated in a singular Horchatería surrounded by the crops, that maintains its original structure and the different machinery for the Horchata cultivation, over several generations.
It’s time for action! You will carry out a Horchata Workshop, where you will learn to make homemade Horchata yourself.
To finish, you will savor a freshly handmade horchata with fartón (Valencian typical sweet), enjoying the beauty of surroundings. After that, we will take you back to your accommodation.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at your accommodation (included Valencia + 5 km), at 10am. Drop off to the same point at 1pm.
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Guided tour is available in Spanish and English.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothes, hat and water are recommended (2 km. walking).
- Transfer is done in a private vehicle. Pick up time is 10am. Your previous confirmation to the local supplier is required (at least 24 hr. in advance).
- Most travelers can participate
- Advice about any dietary restriction at time of booking.
- From January to April the tigernut are not cultivated, alternative crops will be seen.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.