Uyuni Salt Flats Full Day Tour
If you are traveling to Bolivia, a day trip to the Uyuni Salt Flats is something that can't be missed. Cruise along out-of-this-world landscapes and take incredible perspective photos in the world's largest salt flats.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation in a Toyota land cruiser 4x4 drive
- Local Driver & English Speaking Guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees: Isla Incahuasi (30 Bs approx), Reserva Eduardo Avaroa Protected Area (150 Bs*)
- Please note that these costs are subject to change without prior notice.
- Tips for Guide and Driver (Please keep in mind that tipping is common in Latin America and would be greatly appreciated.
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Toilets on the way (20 Bs approx)
- Entry/Admission - Salar de Uyuni
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colchani, Colchani, Potosi Department
The Salar de Uyuni or “salt flats” is one of the world's highest deserts, surrounded by mountains and volcanoes that reach 5000 meters above sea level.
Meet at Red Planet Expeditions local office at 8:30am for check-in and a briefing. Start your tour at 11:00 with a visit to Uyuni's 'train graveyard' to see the first locomotives in Bolivia. Then visit the small village of Colchani (salt miners workshops next to the salt flats) before continuing on to the great salt flats of Uyuni.
Stop At: Salar de Uyuni, Uyuni Bolivia
Along the way, see many piles of salt and the 'eyes of the salt' (big holes in the salt flats where the water, from underneath this death lake, still comes out by high pressure). Take photos as you cruise along the vast white expanse of salt, and visit a hotel made completely of salt. After lunch, travel to Inca Huasi (Fish Island), in the middle of the salt flats, where you will have time to take a hike to the top of the island to see giant cactus and rock formations made of petrified coral. Take time to organize your group for fun perspective and proportion-distorted photos on the blinding white surface of the salt flats. Return back to Uyuni around 19:00pm, stopping along the way to enjoy a fantastic sunset in the Salar of Uyuni.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Avenida Ferroviaria, Av Ferroviaria, Uyuni, Bolivia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Sun hat, sunglasses (to protect your eyes from the bright glare off the salt panes), sunblock, coat, gloves, wool hat, trekking shoes, warm socks, water bottle, snacks, personal medication, camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- WEATHER NOTE: During the rainy season from January to April, the Salt Flats fill up with water so it is not possible to cross them in the same way as during dry season. As a consequence, the itinerary is modified during that period. The main changes are usually as follows: Instead of stopping at the Inca Wasy (Fish Island), we stop at a place where the water reflects the sky and where it seems that the sky and the ground merge into one. Partial refunds cannot be made due to weather conditions.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.