Uyuni Salt Flats day tour (Private or 4 Small Group)
This Uyuni salt flats day tour is a more intimate way to discover the beauty of the world’s largest salt flat. Explore the Incahuasi Island and its giant cacti that can measure 10 meters high! A journey of adventure and culture that ends with a toast appreciating one of the best sunsets you will see.
Discover with us the magic of Salar de Uyuni, a safe way to enjoy a 4WD adventure and easy to book online. Our departures are private or a small group of maximum 4 people with a bilingual certified guide. Book now!
The added value of Visit South America:
Lunch in the middle of the Salar
Courtesy toast appreciating the sunset
Pick Up / Drop off to the airport & bus station is included
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Picnic Lunch in the middle of salt flats
- Private transportation
- Oxygen Tank & First Aid Kit
- Snacks & Toast drinks for sunset
- Bilingual local Guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Salar de Uyuni
- Entry/Admission - Isla Incahuasi
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salar de Uyuni, Uyuni Bolivia
Duration: 10:30 am to 7:15 pm
Distance: 145 km (90 mi) 4WD expedition / 50 min hiking
Altitude: 3650m (11.975 ft)
Difficulty: Easy (High altitude)
Our expedition begins at 10:30 am (the pickup must be coordinated with our team) We will visit as the first destination the ‘Train Cemetery’ an open-air abandoned museum of locomotives of the XIX century (1940) with crucial importance for the Bolivian history We will have time to take photos on the site and the explanations of our local guide. Our trip continues through the little town of ‘Colcachi’, a small town located on the border of the Salt Flats, this place is characterized by its souvenirs & crafts of alpaca, vicuña and other unique salty decorations, in addition to its salt miners who process salt to be sold to the local public. (Not long ago 31 kilos of salt used to cost 0.90 US dollar cents, can you believe it?). Colchani is also the place that houses the only salt hotels in the world, including Palacio de Sal, Luna Salada, and Cristal Samana.
All set to discover the largest salt desert in the world? It is here where the real adventure begins! We enter to the salt flats at approximately 12:30, among some visits, are the ‘Eyes of Salt’, ‘Salt Crystals’ and we will also discover the famous statue of ‘Dakar’ (automobile event of the most dangerous routes in the world that runs in Bolivia). We go further into the desert to enjoy a Picnic Lunch in the middle of the Salar, perfect moment to feel small and in total peace!
Stomach full, it’s time to walk! We will discover the famous Incahuasi Island, Isleta full of giant Cacti that can measure more than 10 meters high. Believe it or not, this island is an immense coral where you can appreciate beautiful landscapes within it and also has the best views of Salar de Uyuni. Our expedition will last approximately 50 min. (It is recommended to take the walk calmly and carefully).
Important note: In the rainy season from January – April , the salt flat is flooded and due to security measures it is not possible to enter Isla Incahuasi, Isla Pescado, Tunupa Volcano and all destinations where the water could damage the state of the vehicle engine.
Arriving again at the edge of the island we meet again with our driver to go to a place away from the crowds and take funny pictures with perspective. It’s fire time! Together in the middle of the salt we will await the sunset and enjoy a toast of courtesy. We will return to the town of Uyuni around 7pm to 7:30pm drop you off to the airport, bus station or your hotel in Uyuni or Colchani.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Isla Incahuasi, Salar De Uyuni, Uyuni Bolivia
We visit the island in the dry season only.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Uyuni or Colchani. Also the airport, bus & train station. Don’t forget to coordinate with the team before the departure.Airports
- Uyuni Joya Andina Airport, Uyuni Bolivia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/27/2019 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Difficult: Easy but must be acclimatized for high altitude 3650m (12.000 ft)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.