Uxmal & Kabah Day Trip Plus Mayan Planetarium from Merida
Uncover the mysteries of the Yucatan as you explore two significant archeological sites with a local guide – Kabah and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Uxmal. Learn about the Puuc architectural styles of the ancient Maya at spectacular pyramids and buildings such as the Pyramid of the Magician, the Governor's Palace, the Palace of Chaac Masks and the Arch of Kabah. Stop by Hacienda Uxmal Hotel for lunch and some free time at the swimming pool before return transport to Merida!
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation from meeting point in Merida
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Free use of The Lodge at Uxmal facilities: swimming pool, towel, lounge chairs.
- Lunch at Historic Hacienda Uxmal
- Free access to Uxmal’s First Explorers Gallery located at the main house of the Hotel Hacienda Uxmal, favorite of royalty and dignitaries
What's excluded :
- Meals and beverages not mentioned before.
- Gratuities and optional activities.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entrance fees to archeological site Uxmal and Kabah
- Choco Story Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Zona Arqueologica Uxmal, Carretera Federal No. 261, Uxmal 97899 Mexico
Your first stop will be Uxmal, known to many by way of legend, myth or anecdote. It is situated within a series of hills known as the Puuc or "mountainous area" in Maya. The name was later given to describe the architectural style of the region, such as the colossal Magicians Pyramid, impressive Governor´s Palace, intricate Dove´s Temple and Grand Nuns Quadrangle.
The archaeological structures and buildings located throughout Uxmal are ornamented with geometrical figures and masks of the rain god, Chaac. The rain god was considered by the Maya people as one of the most important of their deities.
Have lunch at either the beautiful Hacienda Uxmal or in the gardens of the Lodge of Uxmal surrounded by unique Maya Palapas.
Pass By: Kabah, Carretera Federal 261 Mexico
Next, visit Kabah, a Puuc-style city that flourished around the year 800 AD. Kabah is known as the second largest religious center in the Puuc-style. (Puuc is the Mayan name given to a series of low-lying hills with a unique culture and style.)
After sightseeing, enjoy the beautiful pool and gardens of the Hacienda Uxmal Hotel.
We will depart at 4:00 pm from Uxmal in order to be in Merida around 5:00 pm.
Departure Point :1: Parque San Juan, Calle 67A 529, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
2: Gran Hotel, Calle 60 496, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
3: McDonald's, Paseo de Montejo 454, Itzimná, 97100 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
4: Mayan World Museum of Mérida, Calle 60 299 E, Unidad Revolución, 97110 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It's recommended that you wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes and bring a water bottle and swimsuit.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Verify your near meeting point and schedule.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.