Usambara Mountain Hiking
The Usambara Mountains. Are home to an unspoiled tropical forest that is rare in East Africa and of great ecological interest. The valuable ecology of the Usambara is seeking increasing protection by conservation organizations and some donor countries like Norway.
The tropical forests are home to endemic bird species including the Naduk eagle owl (Bubo vosseleri), the Usambara Akalat (Sheppardia montana), Amani sunbird, green-headed oriole, southern banded snake eagle and the Usambara weaver (Ploceus nicolli).
In addition to learning about the conservation needs of this mountain range and doing some spectacular birding, there are ample opportunities for hiking with stunning viewpoints over the forested mountains.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch during the hike
- Drinking water
- Guiding fee.
- Village development fees.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Local guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- IRENTE VIEW POINT TOUR (3-4 hrs). Many tourist and different people from different countries come to view the panoramic view of Maasai Steppe.
After breakfast from your hotel of stay at Lushoto, Start Walk at 8 am through the local villages,local farms while experiencing the culture of Sambaa people to irente view point. Enjoy the incredible and spectacular view over the maasai plains and sisal plantation from the edge of usambara mountain at 1400m above the mean sea level. Don`t forget about the lovely sunset at the point. On the way back visit IRENTE FARM for lunch and also there is possibility to by cheese and rye breads. Lunch included in payment.
Departure Point :Lushoto Town
Departure Time :
Return Detail :Lushoto
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Dress code is formal
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.