Uros Kayaking and Taquile Island Day Tour
On this amazing day tour, go kayaking on Lake Titicaca up to the Uros floating islands. Explore the islands and continue on to Taquile Island by boat. Get to know local Aymara and Quechua culture and experience their unique way of living.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pre-departure briefing
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (City Center)
- Boat Rides
- Bilingual Tour Guide
- Kayak and equipment
- Entry/Admission - Lake Titicaca
- Entry/Admission - Uros Floating Islands
- Entry/Admission - Taquile Island
What's excluded :
- Lunch in Taquile Island
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guide and driver (In Peru & Bolivia it is common to tip your tour guide if you feel he/she provided you with a good service. It is not obligatory but it would be a nice gesture)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Titicaca, 21000 Peru
You will be picked up from your hotel at around 6:30am and transferred to the shores of Lake Titicaca where you will meet the tour guide who will give you a security briefing and basic paddling instructions.
During the kayak ride you will be on the Titicaca National Reserve, so there is a big chance you will see the wildlife of the lake.
Stop At: Uros Floating Islands, Lake Titicaca, Puno Peru
After paddling for about one hour you will arrive to the Uros Floating Islands, where you will have approximately 1.5 hours to float around immersing yourself in this incredible floating reed village. There are more than 50 floating islands and you will have the chance to visit two of them.
On the first floating island, your guide will explain to you about the people who live there. Then you will have some free time to walk around, visit the small huts made from reeds, take some pictures and buy a souvenir to support the people of these islands if you wish.
Stop At: Taquile Island, Lake Titicaca, Puno 21510 Peru
After this visit you will continue on a boat ride to Taquile Island. The people who live on this island are very famous because they are considered “the best weavers of Peru”. There, you will go on a beautiful hike to enjoy the views of the lake. During this hike you will stop to visit the town square of Taquile and visit the handicraft shops to see the typical weaving. The square is also the highest point of the hike (3,950m or 12,960 feet).
After enjoying some free time around the square, you will enjoy a typical lunch. Then you will finish the hike going to the second port of the island, where you will take the motorboat back to Puno where your tour will come to an end at approximately 3:30pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Centrally located Puno accommodationDirections: PRE-DEPARTURE BRIEFING: Please make time for a mandatory pre-departure briefing at 7pm on the day before your tour at your accommodation in Puno city center. Here you will receive detailed information about your excursion, a list of what to bring, and you will be able to have any questions answered.Dates: DailyReturn point: Original departure point
Departure Time :6:20 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pre-departure briefing: Please make time for a mandatory pre-departure briefing at 7pm on the day before your tour at your accommodation in Puno city center. Here you will receive detailed information about your excursion, a list of what to bring, and you will be able to have any questions answered.
- Please wait in the lobby of your hotel for your pick-up 15 minutes before. Pick-up time may vary depending on your hotel location so please be patient
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.