Uppsala bloody history 1h- racial biology, 18th century plague, 19th century prostitution etc.
Book a trip to the different Uppsala, go on a trip about the dark part of Swedish history. Hear about the 17th century slave trade, about Uppsala's gallows hill, experience what was going on inside the racial biology institute and hear about the anatomical department's rules for which crimes could end up under the knife.
We visit the streets where the brothels and Uppsala's Red light district were located during the 19th century. Experience the dark history that is not often talked about or visited. Visit the forgotten historical, and hear about the poor, spooky and different that is often swept under the rug.
Collection outside Uppsala City Library's main entrance - Intro.
Dragabrunnsgatan - Uppsala's red light district during the 19th century
Svartbäcksgatan - The poor Uppsala
St Erik's square - The plague in Uppsala 1709-1712
The Cathedral and the Dean's House - Persecutions against dissent and the Swedish Institute of Racial Biology 1920-1958.
Gustavianum - About the slave trade, anatomical institution and 19th century phrenologists. The forced sterilizations of the 1940s
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Gustavianum - Uppsala University Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Svartbäcken, Uppsala, Sweden
Svartbäcksgatan - about the poor Uppsala and the plague in the 18th century.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Linnaeus Garden, 27 Svartbaecksgatan, Uppsala 753 32 Sweden
we walk the streets outside Linnéträdgården where Uppsala red light district was with brothels and alcohol problems, the poor neighborhoods Uppsala.
Stop At: Gustavianum - Uppsala University Museum, Akademigatan 3, 753 10 Uppsala, Sweden
Book a trip to the different Uppsala, go on a trip about the dark part of Swedish history. experience what was going on inside the racial biology institute and hear about the anatomical department's rules for which crimes you could end up under the knife.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Uppsala Domkyrka, Domkyrkoplan 2, Uppsala 753 10 Sweden
Hear about the persecution of dissident Christians and atheists during the 19th century.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Uppsala Stadsbibliotek, Svartbäcksgatan 17, 753 20 Uppsala, Sweden
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Uppsala Cathedral, Domkyrkoplan, 753 10 Uppsala, Sweden
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- If you want to use a mask, you are welcome to do so.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.