Unusual Prague 6 hours Private Tour to Spots Known and Unknown
There is far more to Prague, though , than the Royal Route.Come and explore it with me, whether you are in Prague for the first time or the fifts. Be sure to wear good walking shoes and charge your camera or phone before walking out the door.I will guarantee you will find something picture-worthy along the way.
Náplavka, our first stop, is Prague´s most popular promenade - you can walk ride your bike, feed the swans, chat with friends, visit a sauna or gallery on the water, have a coffee or a drink, or just sit and observe the ever-changing colours of the sky over the river. From spring to autumn, various events take place here - concerts, food festivals and dance evenings,as well as the regular Saturday farmer´s market,one of the most popular in Prague.
Fans of modern architecture will be impressed by the Kovařovic Villa, which is a masterpiece of Czech Cubism, a world rarity.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees are not included in the price
- Lunch is not included in the price
- This tour is provided by a private car or minivan.It takes 6 hours. I and the professional driver will pick you up in a lobby of the hotel at 9am. Our first stop will be Naplavka, Prague´s most popular promenade. We will also notice the Kovařovic Villa and its gardens, which is typical example of the Czech Cubism. Cubism, as the architecture style, is a world rarity of the Czech Republic.
Our next step will be a Vysehrad castle. This mysterious, magical place, still closely associated with legends, was built as a fortress in the 10th century.Later,an independent chapter was established here, and it was temporarily the seat of the Přemyslid noble family. Vyšehrad is a cultural and spiritual centre, with the dominant Basilica of St.Peter and Paul and stunning views of Prague.The surrouding gardens invite visitors to sit and relax or go for a stroll If you are interested, we can also visit the Empire-style Brick Gate as a part of the Vyšehrad citadel fortification,as well as the entranceto the underground casemates where are hidden some of the original sculptures from the Charles Bridge.
Vyšehrad Cemetery is the burial place of some of the most important Czech cultural and scientific figures and has many interesting gravestones and tombs sculptures. It is dominated by Slavín,the joint final resting place for many of these personalities. You will also find here individual gravesof such luminaries as composers Antonín Dvořák,Bedřich Smetana,and writer Karel Čapek.
Rotunda of St.Martin is Romanesque,one of the very oldest buldings in Prague,built in the last third of the 11th century.
Church of the Assumption and St.Charlemagne at Karlov founded in the 14th century by Emperor Charles IV.,and its Augustinian monastery have undergone many transformations throughout their history.
St. Apollinaire Provincial Maternity Hospital was built in English style using red fired bricks and continues to serve as a maternity hospital today.The first childbirth was recorded here in 1875.
Emmaus Monastery Na Slovanech founded in 1347 also by Emperor Charles IV., became a centre of Slavic education, art, and literature. Of special note are its unique Gothic murals. The church´s elegant towers are a modern addition - the US Air Force destroyed the original neo-Gothic towers in 1945 during the bombing of Prague, when in stormy weather pilots made a navigator error and mistook Prague for Dresden.
Dancing House or Fred and Ginger, was designed by the Croatian-Czech architect Vlado Milunić in cooperation with Canadian-American architect Frank Gehry on a vacant riverfront plot. The building was designed in 1992 and completed in 1996.
Departure Point :departure location is a location of the hotel you are staying in
Departure Time :Daily at 9am except December 24th and 25th
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.