Unmissable West of Madagascar
The west of Madagascar is a particularly attractive destination since it offers on its own the meeting with the local population and the descent along the Tsiribihina river, a privileged place to observe wildlife. We will share a few nights with the inhabitants of the Antsirabe bush, we will take an adventure track of a few hundred kilometers and we will admire the sharp limestone peaks of the Tsingy.
Our guide will not fail to introduce us to local life. So instead of hotels, we have small, very confused corners where some of our nights will be spent with the locals.
Also in our great discovery of the west, we will also have the chance to discover the capital of Madagascar, the spa town of Antsirabe, the knowledge of the local population of Ambatolampy.
Join us for a tailor-made stay.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- camping equipment
- Visits to the sites, parks and reserves mentioned
- All Fees and Taxes
- Simple but comfortable accommodation
- homestay meals
What's excluded :
- plane tickets
- Dinner - meals and drinks during all stays
- Drinks, extras, tips
- Insurance and repatriation
The western destination is a must-see destination because this is where we find the famous destination named by Madagascar travelers the "River trip". The western destination is therefore made famous by the Tsiribihina river. For a two and a half day barge or traditional pirogue trip, the descent to Tsiribihina is a real adventure. Lush vegetation rich in flora and fauna awaits you on the way. You can also make stops to discover the natural pools, the caves or the waterfalls that nature has created. In addition, you will meet the inhabitants of the river, busy in the fields or other tasks.
But it is not all, the west destination alone has the two destinations among the most photographed in Madagascar: are Tsingy de Bemaraha and the famous Baobab alley.
• Antsirabe, Antsirabe, Antananarivo Province
• Miandrivazo, Miandrivazo, Toliara Province
• Tsiribihina River, Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park Madagascar
• Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park, Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park, Mahajanga Province
• Avenue of the Baobabs, 8 Rt, Morondava 619 Madagascar
• Morondava, Morondava, Toliara Province
• Antananarivo, Antananarivo, Antananarivo Province
Departure Point :Antananarivo, Madagascar
Traveler pickup is offered
Tell us the name of your accommodationAirports
- Antananarivo Airport, Antananarivo Madagascar
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/1/2020 - 11/1/2021
Monday: 08:00 AM - 06:30 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 06:30 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 06:30 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 06:30 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Saturday: 08:30 AM - 04:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.