Unlock the Secrets of Hidden St. Petersburg on a Private Evening Tour
Discover the hidden secrets of St Petersburg at night and marvel at its tucked-away oddities on this walking tour with an informative guide. Head off the beaten path and see unique sights, such as a yard of storybook characters from ‘The Wizard of Oz.’ Hear stories of Rasputin, view where Lenin once lived and search for a doorway to a nuclear shelter. Enjoy personal attention from your guide.
• 2-hour evening walking tour of St Petersburg’s hidden side
• Uncover lesser-known mysteries of the city with a knowledgeable guide
• Discover a secret passageway to a nuclear shelter at Vosstania Square metro station and see a Soviet-era building where nuclear subs were built
• View the homes of Rasputin and Lenin, and a rare portrait of Stalin
• Visit a yard decorated like the Emerald City in The Wizard of Oz
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request (additional charge may apply)
- Metro fare
- Entry/Admission - Metro Station Vladimirskaya
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Obelisk To Hero-City Of Leningrad, Vosstaniya Square, St. Petersburg Russia
Begin your walking tour of St Petersburg’s hidden side at Vosstania Square metro station. Here, amid the ornate décor, your guide will show you the metro’s last surviving image of Stalin and help you discover huge station doors that lead to a secret nuclear shelter. Afterward, continue walking to see a Soviet-style building where Red Octobers – nuclear submarines – were designed, and view a monument to Russian submarines.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Apartment Museum of Grigory Rasputin, Gorokhovaya St., 64, St. Petersburg 191180 Russia
From here, head on a short walk to the house of Rasputin, one of Russia’s most mysterious men, and glimpse Lenin’s apartment nearby. Follow your guide through the dim archways of the buildings to experience the spooky darkness of the “well yards.”
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Baltic Station, Obvodnogo Kanala emb., 120, St. Petersburg 198095 Russia
Escape to Baltiysky train station and admire its gorgeous art nouveau façade before a short stroll to see an entire yard built like The Wizard of Oz. Your guide will point out the Emerald City playground as well as paintings and sculptures of the storybook characters.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Metro Station Vladimirskaya, Bolshaya Moskovskaya st., St. Petersburg Russia
End your walking tour next to Vladimirskaya metro station, where you’ll see a monument dedicated to Dostoyevsky, one of Russian most famous authors.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Vosstaniya Square, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Vladimirskaya, St Petersburg, Russia, 191002
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.