University Walking Tour
What turned a boggy medieval town into a world-class university city? Join one of our engaging local guides on the University Walk and encounter the key ideas, people and movements which have formed and reformed Cambridge University and its colleges over 8 eventful centuries. Starting at the iconic 12th-century Round Church, you'll proceed around the city's historic centre, uncovering the manifold ways in which Christian faith and practice have given shape to Cambridge University throughout its history. The University Walk departs at 2:15pm every day from the inside of the Round Church and takes between 90 minutes and 2 hours. Entrance to the exhibitions at the Round Church Visitor Centre is included in the walk price.
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Entrance fee to Round Church Visitor Centre
- Entrance fees to colleges visited
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- We've been leading guided walks for over twenty years and make a real effort to give you the chance to encounter Cambridge in all its fullness. We start at the Round Church, Cambridge's quirkiest (and, we think, most beautiful) Church building, which predates the earliest college (Peterhouse, 1284) by 150 years. After an introduction to the building's 800-year history, we venture down to the river, where a clear sense of the town's origins can be gained at Magdalene Bridge. We are on friendly terms with a number of Cambridge colleges and, while we cannot guarantee college entrance on any given day, most walks enter two to three colleges to gain some perspective on Cambridge's distinctive, college-based university structure. We aim to give you a feel for some of Cambridge's most iconic and influential spots, both on and off the beaten track. These include the University Church (Great St. Mary's), the Senate House, the Cambridge University Press bookshop, the Church of Saint Edward King and Martyr, the Eagle Pub and the Cavendish Laboratory. We are often happy to adapt the places we visit to your interests and, of course, love to attempt valiantly to answer your hardest questions about Cambridge. We look forward to seeing you on the University Walk!
Departure Point :The Round Church, Round Church Vestry, Bridge St, Cambridge CB2 1UB, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough walkers (2) to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Guides will move swiftly between sights in order to provide a full tour experience: if you require a slower pace, please contact provider to arrange a private walk.
- Not recommend for those with walking problems.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.