UNIQUE HISTORICAL TOUR 'Dubrovnik Republic'- Panoramic cruise and walking tour
„Dubrovnik history is inextricably linked with maritime history, and there’s no better way to get a feel for it than to take a unique cruise by Karaka ship - 16th century replica”
Presenting you Dubrovnik, the “Pearl of the Adriatic”. Lets travel through time and be blown away by its beautiful Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque monasteries, palaces, churches and fountains giving you insights over this UNESCO’s protected World Heritage Site.
This unique tour starts in Port Gruz with just a bit of taste of the history that we kept alive in our cuisine – candied almonds, sugar coted orange peel, 'mantala', 'smokvenjak' etc.
During 45 minutes cruise to the Old City our guides will introduce you to magnificent maritime history of Republic of Ragusa, and during an hour and a half walking tour we will take you to the most notable places of Dubrovnik in front of which we will let you immerse in past of Republic by telling you stories of history and independence of our beloved City of Dubrovnik
per adult from
2 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Boat ride on traditional Dubrovnik boat from 16th century
- Tasting of local sweets typical for Dubrovnik region
- Licensed local guide
- Walking city tour
- WiFi, Toilets
- Disinfection sites on board
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Old Town
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old Town, Dubrovnik Croatia
During 45 minutes panoramic cruise with Karaka boat (16th century replica) with interesting stories about the maritime history of the Republic of Dubrovnik in the background, you will taste traditional sweets. All sweets you taste has its own story related to Dubrovnik.
Departing from port Gruž to the old town port the unforgetable views of the famous and historical city walls and fortresses will follow you through your cruise.
During the walking tour inside the Old Town (1h and 15 min) we will walk along the main street in the city - Stradun. The walk passes by the Rector's Palace (beautiful Gothic and Renaissance building), Sponza Palace and the Cathedral of the Assumption, a baroque church built after the devastating earthquake of 1667. Tha walk also passes Franciscan Monastery and admire Orlando's Column, Onofrio's Fountain etc.
We do not enter any facilities.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Obala Stjepana Radića 16, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Return Detail :Porat, Ribarnica ul. 1, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please note that in case the weather conditions on the sea are too dangerous, the tour will be rescheduled or cancelled.
- Please note that Dubrovnik has two ports. This tour starts from the port Gruž.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- In the case that the Government of the Republic of Croatia makes a decision to wear masks in public areas,please bring your own mask.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.