Underground Vaults Historical Walking Tour in Edinburgh
Small, personal 5 star group tour with a maximum of 12 people.
Descend into the unique Blair Street Underground Vaults of Old Edinburgh.
Far below the busy, bustling Edinburgh streets there lies a dark, quiet and forgotten place. These wonderful dark rooms of arched ceilings, fireplaces and 18th century wine vaults lie beneath the South Bridge, one of the city's main thoroughfares. What happened in these extraordinary vaulted chambers, who lived here, where, when and why? See and learn more...
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- Small group experience
- Award-winning local storytellers
- TourTalk radio receiver to enjoy live storytelling at safe distance
- Exclusive access to Blair Street Underground Vaults
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mercat Tours, 28 Blair Street, Edinburgh EH1 1QR Scotland
Get exclusive access to the city’s oldest, deepest Blair Street Underground Vaults.
Discover secrets & stories of Edinburgh’s underworld.
See and touch 19th century artefacts.
Visit our Discovery Room with 3D model & display.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mercat Cross, Parliament Square, Edinburgh Scotland
Tour meeting point.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 2PB Scotland
Explore the closes and understand the buildings of the historic Old Town of Edinburgh, before descending into the Blair Street Underground Vaults
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Edinburgh Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 Scotland
See the sites of the Old Town as you walk towards the Blair Street Underground Vaults
Departure Point :Mercat Cross, High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, UK
Return Detail :28 Blair St, Edinburgh EH1 1QR, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children over 5yrs only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Tours are guaranteed all year round, so please dress for the weather, with comfortable shoes.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You will be part of a small group (max 12) and we'll provide "Tour Talk" radio sets to make social distancing easier. Please bring your own face masks and earphones (disposable earphones can be provided).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.