Uncharted Escapes: Athens - Escape in Parnitha Mountain Park
The Visit in Parnitha National Park with panoramic view with Semi private safari tour up to 6 persons per vehicle. The Offroad routes through dense vegetation, Coffee or tea or juice and Lunch with traditional Greek food and wine
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Free hotel pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - National Park of Parnitha
What's excluded :
- Coffee or beers or refreshements in tavern,gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Park of Parnitha, Acharnes 136 74, Greece
Escape in Parnitha National Park in a semi private safari tour up to 6 or 8 persons per vehicle.
Mount Parnitha is a densely forested mountain range 40 km north of Athens. It is offered as an ideal place for the residents or guests of Athens city, as it provides the opportunity to enjoy nature and it is the perfect relaxation place from the constant city stress for its guests. Parnitha national park is full of pine and fir forests. It is a true oasis for many species of wildlife, such as red deer, foxes and many kinds of birds, as well as it is the main getaway during the hottest summer days and a vast snow-covered playground during the winter.
Our Day starts after the pickups from the hotels or a point close to the indicated hotels if the car access is not possible. We will follow the national road which leads to Parnitha Mountain and on the way we will pick up our morning coffee or tea or juice.
It will take us less than an hour of driving to leave Athens noisy city-center and enter to the entrancement of the mountains. Our first stop will take place at 600m altitude at Lake Beletsi which is an artificial lake that seems to belong in a fairytale. The landscape resembles the Alps and is not at all reminiscent of Athens, Greece. Continuing our route in Parnitha Mountain we will follow a unique off road route through the forest full of pine trees, goats, chapels, monasteries and natural springs. After our little adventure we will approach Avlonas Village. Crossing the village and heading onwards, the mountain adventure starts again through an off road route to Voutima wildlife refuge. The uniqueness of the terrain, the dense vegetation, rare species of endemic plants, the different kinds of mammals and species of birds are spread in smaller or larger areas of the mountain. Reaching the west slope of Parnitha Mountain, a panoramic breathtaking view of Saronic golf with the islands of Salamina and Aigina will appeared in front of us.
Driving on the asphalt road and enjoying the panoramic view of Saronic from above, we will arrive at Hasia village and working up an appetite. We will visit a traditional Greek tavern where we will be welcomed by the owner. He will introduce us to Greek Mediterranean cuisine with plenty of food, wine and warm Greek hospitality.
After our lunch break we will follow the road back to Athens through villages before reaching the city of Athens. Our escort drivers of our premium offroad vehicles will create a memorable day out with the best panoramic views of Parnitha's mountain with amazing photo opportunities in order to capture every moment!
A unique escape with great hospitality, adventure and professional relaxed service
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Pick up from Athens Center, 8:15 Sigrou Amfitheas, 8:20 Fix, 8:25 Syntagma, 8:40 Omonoia, 8:50 Monastiraki, 9:00 Metaxourgeio, 9:10 Karaiskaki
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with car sickness
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Face masks are required inside vechicles and in other ares where specified on spot
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.