Un día viviendo con una familia ecuatoriana
This is a unique and very personal tour in which you'll be include and treated as a part of my family for 1 entire day. You will prepare 3 of our most iconic ecuadorian dishes and beverages (breakfast/lunch/dinner) with our familiar and very special recipes guided by me, mom and grandma.
I'll take you to the local market, make you taste our favourite exotic fruits and our typical ecuadorian snacks. Also, I'll take you to the artesanal market where you will watch how our native people build and design the crafts you’ll receive as a gift. You will join me and my family on dinner and we will have a nice talk sharing the most special part of our cultures.
What I want with this tour is share with you as a friend, having fun by showing you how we live and how special and diverse our gastronomy and culture is. We will have a very busy day and everything is include, you just need to be prepared to enjoy!
Join us! This is a bucket list experience!
PS: If you're vegetarian, just let us know!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bebidas Típicas
What's excluded :
- The experience starts at 8 a.m. with you preparing your own ecuadorian breakfast guided by me and my mom. Then, I will take you to the local market in order to explain to you the variety of fruits and vegetables we have in Ecuador, prices, ecuadorian customs, etc. There, you'll choose all the fruits you haven't tried before and back home you will try them! We have some of the most delicious and exotic fruits on the continent. You'll accompanied them with a very ecuadorian and delicious lunch that you’ll also learn how to prepare.
After that, we will go to the artesanal market of the city in which you will watch how our native people build and design the crafts you’ll receive as a gift. While we are getting there, I’ll show you some of the Ecuadorian snacks we have at supermarkets and you will try them and also love them!
Finally, back in home, you will learn how to prepare one of our most iconic dishes for dinner. You will join me and my family, we will have a nice talk and I’ll explain you the best places to visit while you’re here. At the end of the tour you’ll receive a very special gift from us in order you to remember the city and my family.
• Mercado Artesanal Guayaquil, Dr. Alfredo Baquerizo Moreno, Guayaquil 090150 Ecuador
• Tropical fruits - You would try dragon fruits, durian, rambutan, passion fruit, guava, babaco, guanabana, among others.
• Bolón de verde con queso - A very typical ecuadorian breakfast prepared with boiled or fried green plantains smashed with local cheese accompanied with a fried egg.
• Arazá/Passion Fruit Shake - Arazá and passion fruit are one of our most delicious exotic fruits and combined with ice and milk they're spectacular!
• Maduro con queso y salprieta - Baked sweet plantain accompanied with local cheese and 'salprieta' which is a typical side dish prepared with toasted peanuts. You will love it!
• Chicha resbaladera - The 'chicha resbaladera' is an Ecuadorian artisanal iced beverage prepared based on traditional rice, cinnamon and milk. Delicious and refreshing!
• Exotic ecuadorian snacks - Tortolines, maduritos, galak, manicho, tango, rosquitas, among others.
• Arroz con menestra y carne/pollo - Cooked rice with an ecuadorian and very special recipe of black beans accompanied with grilled chiken or meat.
• Jamaica Flower iced tea - Dried jamaica flowers create one of the most beautiful and delicious infusions you can imagine.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Time to pick you up before the experience started will depend on how far your hotel from my home is but normally is 30-45 min. considering city traffic.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.