Uluguru mountains hike to Bondwa peak: 2 days 1 night camping
The overnight stay is a unique way to experience the Uluguru Mountains and see the best highlights it has to offer, such as the Choma Waterfalls, Kisosa view, Morningside settlement and the hike through the nature reserve rainforest to Bondwa peak.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Entry/Admission - Morning Side And Uluguru Mountains
- Entry/Admission - Bondwa Peak
What's excluded :
Day 1: Hike to Morningside via Choma traditional village
Stop At: Uluguru Mountains, Morogoro Tanzania
The hike will start from the pickup point or your guide will pick you up from your hotel. During the hike you have some spectacular views of the city and you can meet with local people. We will first reach Choma waterfalls. Here you can enjoy a cooling dip in the water after the first hours of hiking or just relax by the calming sound of the water. Usually this is the place to enjoy the contents of your lunchbox.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Morning Side And Uluguru Mountains, Uluguru Mountains, Morogoro Tanzania
After our stop at the Choma Waterfalls, we continue our hike through Kisosa village. There is the possibility of watching a spectacular sunset here. And after a short hike we will reach destination of the day: Morningside, an old German settlement. Here we will camp and your guide will tell your more about the history. During the night you can enjoy the view of the city while having some nice dinner at the campsite.
Duration: 12 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at Morningside campsite, tents, mattresses and sleeping bags will be provided.
Day 2: Bondwa peak
Stop At: Bondwa Peak, Morogoro, Tanzania
In the morning we will start hiking from Morningside to the peak. This takes 2,5-3 hours on average. After a little while we will enter the Nature Reserve Rainforest. On the way you will we able to see different sceneries, birds and if you are lucky black and white colobus monkeys or blue monkeys.
On the peak you have an amazing view of the city and its surroundings. And there is the possibility to carry the lunch up to the peak. After enjoying this view we will return to the city center with again on the way views of different parts of the city.
Duration: 1 hour
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Rock Garden, Morogoro, Tanzania
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Julius Nyerere International Airport, Julius K. Nyerere Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/20/2020 - 10/26/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.