Udong Mountain Tour - Old Capital Tour including Silversmith Village
Got an extra day in Phnom Penh? Want to see something different? This is a perfect option for you:
Oudong Mountain Tour (The Old Capital Tour) including Silversmiths Village Half day tour, 5 hours, 8am-1pm You can:
• Enjoy the beautiful view on a scenic drive of Cambodia countryside on an air-conditioned tour bus, with window seats guaranteed.
• Climb the picturesque Hill of Oudong, once the capital of Cambodia for 250 years
• Visit Arthaross Temple and The Great Royal Stupas
• Enjoy the breathtaking view from the top of the hill of Oudong
• Visit the Silversmiths Village to learn this traditional Khmer art form
• Have a glimpse of the mosques and towns of the Cham communities live in Cambodia
This tour features informative commentary from audio guide for free of charge, an English speaking tour assistant and separate driver.
* Minimum booking is 2 people. If you are solo traveler and make a booking, tour might be cancelled due to insufficient bookings.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pick up / drop off (inner city)
- English speaking tour assistant
- Separate driver ensures more safety
- Free Audio Guide
- Entry/Admission - Udong Mountain
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Udong Mountain, Udong Cambodia
Visit The Old Capital of Cambodia
You will be picked up at your hotel/guest house between 8-8:30am in the morning,Â then you will travel to Udong along Tonle Sap River. The drive will take about 1 hour and 15 minutes depending on the traffic. During the drive, you can enjoy the view of the typical Cambodian countryside with our window seats.
Udong is 40km northwest of Phnom Penh and was the capital of Cambodia for 250 years. In 1866 Udong was abandoned for the sake of Phnom Penh, which was suggested by the French colonial masters as the new capital.
Udong Mountain can be thoroughly explored at a comfortable pace in 1 hour and 30 minutes. You will climb the hill from the back of the ridge and go down the hill from the 509 steps stairway. Several religious structure and royal stupas which contain the remains of several great Khmer Kings dot the ridgeline of the hill. The summit of Phnom Oudong offers spectacular views of the surrounding countryside; the beautiful Kandal Temple peacefully sits in the middle of plains and rice fields. On the way down the hill, you might encounter some monkeys. Our bus/van will wait for you at the bottom of the hill and then heads to Silversmiths Village.
The population of this village is about 700. During the time of when nearby Udong was the Kingdom's capital, craftspeople and artisans were always in high demand by Cambodia's monarchs, but during the Pol Pot years villagers were forced to work on the rice fields. At this village, they work in family unit, the wooden house is their home and the workshop where they live, make the crafts and sell them. Family members start to learn the skill at very early age after school time.
After the visit of the village, then our bus will drive back to Phnom Penh; on the way back, you can have a glimpse of the largest Cham Muslim communities live in Cambodia with many mosques dots along the high way.
You will be dropped off back to your hotel/guest house or at riverside where you can have lunch or spend the afternoon. The tour will be finished at around 1pm.
You must have a suitable level of fitness to undertake this tour as you are required to climb to the summit of a hill. And you take the full responsibility of your own wellbeing and safety during the tour.
*The tour assistant is not tour guide. This is not guided tour.
• Great value for money
• Safe! Clean! Comfortable!
• A tour bus keeps you away from heat, dust, polluted air, noise, rain and hassles!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.