Udawalawe National Park Private Safari
Udawalawe National Park is located approximately 230 km south-east of Colombo city and is a major eco tourism destination in Sri Lanka . The 30,821 hectares dry zone game park has an annual rainfall of 1524 mm and an average temperature of 29.4°C. It is most famous for the many Elephants that live there (about 400 in total).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by Private Safari Jeep.
- Entry/Admission - Udawalawe National Park.
- Water Bottle Per Person.
- Experience Driver (Also your tracker).
- All taxes and service charges.
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off if outside of 5km of entrance gate.
- Entrance fees for Jeep-only bookings (entrance fees to be paid in cash)
- Food and Beverages.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Udawalawe National Park, Udawalawe National Park
Udawalawe National Park lies on the boundary of Sabaragamuwa and Uva Provinces, in Sri Lanka. The national park was created to provide a sanctuary for wild animals displaced by the construction of the Udawalawe Reservoir on the Walawe River, as well as to protect the catchment of the reservoir. The reserve covers 30,821 hectares (119.00 sq mi) of land area and was established on 30 June 1972. Before the designation of the national park, the area was used for shifting cultivation (chena farming). The farmers were gradually removed once the national park was declared. The park is 165 kilometres (103 mi) from Colombo. Udawalawe is an important habitat for water birds and Sri Lankan elephants. It is a popular tourist destination and the third most visited park in the country.
During a visit, it is not unusual to see whole herds of adults and young elephants – feeding or bathing and playing in the water! In addition to this main attraction, the park is home to many Water Buffalo, Water Monitor, Lizards, Sambar Deer, Monkeys and the occasional Leopard, as well as being an exciting location for Bird enthusiasts. Udawalawe is famous for Sri Lankan Elephants, which are relatively hard to see in its open habitats. Many Elephants are attracted to the park because of the reservoir.
Morning or afternoon departure options let you choose your own itinerary to fit your vacation schedule. A private guide means you and your party will receive personalized attention and have plenty of time to ask questions.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Udawalawe Main entrance, 7th Mile Post, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your hotel in Udawalawe.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.