Udawalawe National Park Private Safari
See the wild elephants and other wildlife of Uda Walawe National Park with an experienced private guide in a sturdy 4WD-vehicle. Located just south of the Central Highlands, Uda Walawe features a dramatic landscape that provides prime opportunities to see herds of wild elephants, with viewing that rivals the famous safaris of East Africa. Uda Walawe is also home to other animals such as water buffalo, wild boar, fox, toque macaque and wildcats including leopards. A safari in this national park is a must-do while visiting Sri Lanka.
Private safari tour of Uda Walawe National Park, in Sri Lanka
Travel with an expert guide in Uda Walawe to spot a variety of animals
Learn about the animals from the guide’s informative commentary
Experience the beauty and wildlife of Sri Lanka’s premier national park
Look for leopards, painted storks, sambar deer and more
per adult from
4 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Safari jeep Charges
What's excluded :
- Entrance ticket fee to the park
- Meet up at the gate of Udawalawa National Park in Udawalawa and start this safari adventure. Udawalawe is undoubtedly one of the best places in Sri Lanka to see wild Asian Elephants throughout the year. Usually you will have better chance to spot herds of elephants if you choose morning departure. There are about 500 elephants in the park and they often roam in herds of up to 100. Udawalawe National Park is unique in terms of consistency in numbers of elephants roaming the park. If you choose afternoon departure, you will have great photographic opportunities of capturing the mesmerizing sunset with your camera.
You may spot other animals in the park including water buffalo, wild boar, spotted deer, sambur deer, jackal, samber, black-naped hare, mongooses, bandicoots, foxes, the endemic toque macaque and gray langers. If you are lucky you might be able to see a leopard and other smaller cats, such as fishing cat and jungle cat. When the tour ends, you will be taken back to the departure point.
• Please Advise which safari would you like to go on when you making the booking for Half Day Safari.
Departure Point :1: Galle, Sri Lanka
2: Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
3: Bentota, Sri Lanka
4: Unawatuna, Sri Lanka
5: Mirissa, Sri Lanka
6: Tangalle, Sri Lanka
7: Hambantota, Sri Lanka
8: Yala, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you from anywhere of Galle, Hikkaduwa, Unawatuna, Mirissa, Mathara, Hambanthota, Yala, TangalleAirports
- Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport, Hambantota, Tangalle Sri Lanka
- Hambantota Port View, Hambantota, Sri Lanka
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.