Udawalawa National Park Day Tour
Udawalawe National Park is the best National Park in Sri Lanka if you want to see Elephants at close quarters. This is a very exciting day trip from Colombo and the drive is approximately four hours from Colombo. Once arrived in Udawalawe we suggest that you have lunch in a restaurant recommended by our driver prior to starting off the Safari game drive. We will organize the jeeps and tickets on your behalf. Usually, the safari will take 3 to 4 hours and the scheduled exit from the park is approximately 6 pm which is the time we start the return ward journey to Colombo. A visit to Udawalawe Elephant Transit home before the game drive is a good idea where you would be able to see the feeding of Baby Elephants. This is can be only visited only during feeding times, so it is advisable that you visit this place before lunch.
per adult from
What's included :
- Breakfast or Lunch
- Safari Tickets
- Luxury Private Jeep
- Both Ways Transport
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Expenses of Personal Nature
- Tips for Guides
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Udawalawe National Park, Udawalawe National Park
Udawalawa National Park likes on the boundary of Sabaragamuwa Province in Sri Lanka. The National Park was created to provide a sanctuary for wild animals displaced by the constitution of the Udawalawa reservoir. Udawalawa is important to see habits of water birds, Sri Lankan elephants, Crocodiles, Eagles, and Peacocks. It is the third most visited park in Sri Lanka.
Pass By: Elephant Transit Home (ETH), 5km west of the Uda Walawe National Park entrance, Udawalawe National Park Sri Lanka
Twenty minutes' drive away from the Uda Walawe National Park is the ‘Elephant Transit Home’, associated with the Born Free Foundation (UK). Here, orphaned or sick elephants are fed and cared for until they are strong enough to be returned to the wild. The center allows you to visit at the feeding times of 06:00, 09:00, 12:00, 15:00 and 18:00.
Pass By: Udawalawe Dam, B427, Udawalawe National Park Sri Lanka
The two opposing facets of the dam parades two disparate picturesque views – a lush, alluring woodland and an inviting, charming natural cistern of water. The woodland showcases the elegance and exquisiteness of the forests of the southern region of Sri Lanka while the water body towards the Northern side of the dam serves as a local area of relaxation. The Udawalawe Dam also paves the way for one of the power plants of the country, the Udawalawe Hydroelectric Power Plant, which generates 6 MW of power.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.