Udaipur Heritage Walk: Discover the rich culture of Rajasthan
Explore the pristine lake city beyond its lakes and palace in this unique 3-hour long tour which takes you the local markets and the rural neighborhood which will take you for an authentic experience of true Rajasthan’s culture! Witness craftsmen at work and indulge in some personal conversations while witnessing their invaluable art!
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking local guide.
- Tea and snacks at a local tea shop.
- Entry/Admission - Jagdish Temple
What's excluded :
- Any meals and additional services
- Tips and gratuities (recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jagdish Temple, RJ State Highway 50, Udaipur 313001 India
Look beyond the serene lakes and the palaces of Udaipur and get a chance to indulge in its true culture with this heritage walk and get familiar with the rich culture and heritage of Rajasthan! Your tour will begin with your guide meeting you at Jagdish chowk near Jagdish temple at 7:30 AM.
Start this incredible walk with a visit to Jagdish temple, a 17th century temple dedicated to lord Vishnu, the preserver of the universe. This white-marble temple is a beautifully carved three-story architecture which is also considered as the largest within the city of Udaipur. Explore and learn about Hinduism with your guide before exploring the local markets of Udaipur.
Walk ahead through the narrow and beautiful alleys of the city to explore the colorful markets of the city. From clay market, vegetable and fruit market, spice market to the betel nut market, your guide will take you through all these places for a colorful and authentic experience.
Witness craftsmen making utensils of bronze and in another place witness the art of plates and cups getting made with leaves. Also, get a chance to visit a silver/goldsmith’s workshop and see how things are made. Follow your guide further as he takes you to workshops of painters famous for their water-based paintings for a unique experience.
End your tour with at a local tea-shop with a hot steaming cup of masala chai and local snacks and some heartfelt conversations!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Jagdish Temple Road, Jagdish Temple Rd, Old City, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001, India
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.