Uaxactún Private Archeology Tour
Visit one of the most enigmatic Mayan sites in Guatemala on this one-day tour of the community of Uaxactún from Flores. Discover the archeological gems scattered in a modern town and witness how the conservation of the ruins is combined with efforts to sustain the local community. Learn how Uaxactún is believed to be the cradle of the Mayan calendar and the writing system of your expert guide; see the oldest Mayan arch in the world; and admire the ancient works of art.
per adult from
7 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Specialized Guide
- Entry/Admission - Ruinas de Uaxactun
What's excluded :
- WiFi on board
- All Fees and Taxes
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ruinas de Uaxactun, Al Norte de Tikal 23 km, Flores 17001 Guatemala
UAXACTUN: His name in ancient times was Siaan Ka'an, which means Born from Heaven. This city was inhabited since the middle preclassic period about 900 a. C. and all the classic, having its maximum splendor of 500 d. C. to 900 d. C.
The earliest registration is in 328 d. C. in Stela 9 and the last one on 899 d. C. in Stela 12. This indicates that it was the city with the longest occupation of Petén. It was considered for a long time as the oldest, until the discovery of Nakbé and El Mirador, to the northwest, showed that these cities corresponded to the Early Preclassic period (1000 BC - 200 BC).
Like many other cities of the Classic, Uaxactún was abandoned at the beginning of the 10th century, being covered by the jungle, until its discovery at the beginning of the 20th century, in 1916, by Silvanus Morley during the government of Mr. Manuel Estrada Cabrera. It was in Uaxactún where the foundations for the investigation of the Mayan Civilization were laid and where a detailed study of the site began, carried out mainly, but not exclusively by the Carnegie Institution of Washington. In fact the excavations initiated by John Lloyd Stephens and Frederick Catherwood, made the Mayan Culture popular and known throughout the World.
07:00 am Pick up at Hotel in Flores or Airport for the respective transfer by vehicle to Uaxactún.
08:30 Arrival at Garita Tikal in Zocotzal, for the purchase and check of entrance tickets to the site.
09.00 Arrival at the second checkpoint for the placement of bracelets to enter the Uaxactún Site and continue along a road without pavement.
10:30 am Arrival at the Uaxactún Site to start the tour.
13.00 End of the tour of the Site and then we go to a local restaurant for the respective lunch.
14:00 Return to your Hotel in Flores or Auction.
17:00 Arrival at your Hotel in Flores.
In Banrural mini agency located at the entrance to the Park opening 06.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. only cash in local currency (Q) is accepted, for the purchase of entrance tickets for sunrise, day, sunset, Uaxactún and museum. (They do not accept payment on debit or credit cards).
Carry your identification for the purchase of tickets (National your respective DPI and Foreigner your Passport, children over 10 years pay entrance ticket).
Cost of National entrance tickets Q 05.00 and Foreigners Q 50.00 valid from 6.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. (tickets valid for 30 days).
There are no ATMs inside the Tikal and Uaxactún National Park, therefore withdraw the necessary cash at the ATMs located in Flores, Santa Elena and El Remate.
If your arrival is at the airport, we will be waiting outside with a sign with your respective name after you file a baggage claim.
If you wish to visit the museums, you must buy tickets at the Banrural mini agency and they are valid from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. schedules established in the museums.
• All tickets to the park can be purchased in the entire Banking Bank network nationwide only by presenting your DPI for Nationals and PASSPORT for foreigners.
• We can support you with the purchase of your tickets just send us a photo of your DPI or Passport and when we meet to make the tour we make the respective refund.
IMPORTANT TO CARRY WITH YOU
Shoes suitable for exploration or Tennis
Clothing suitable for tropical weather
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Flores Island (Guatemala), Flores, Guatemala
2: El Remate, Guatemala
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is included at the Hotels in Flores, and at El Remate and Aeropuerto at 7.00 am.Airports
- Santa Elena Airport, Flores Guatemala
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You have to make good weather for this experience to be realized. If you cancel due to bad weather conditions, you will be offered another date or full refund of the amount paid.
- In this experience there must be a minimum number of travelers. If you cancel because this minimum is not reached, you will be offered another date or experience or full refund of the amount paid.
- The transport is shared with the total number of travelers who book, since the activity is carried out with a specific number of travelers.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The activity is carried out from 2 people onwards
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.