two-day Dongchuan Red Land Photography Tour
Take a two days photography tour to visit one of the most photo-genetic colorful land - Dongchuan Red Land. It boasts the most typical red soil in Yunnan's highland and it's definitely a paradise for photography enthusiasts. Visiting this area, you'll be deeply impressed by the painting-like scenery of deep red, green and orange spread over thousands of hills and mountains. It looks like a colorful picture drawn by nature, though the real creators are the local farmers who 'painted' this naturally beautiful picture over the centuries.
The best time for a photography tour in Dongchuan is between mid-May and early June as well as from mid-October until November. In the winter months roads to Dongchuan may be blocked due to snow and ice. The scenery though is not less spectacular.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation including breakfast (as per chosen category, based on twin-bed room for 2 pax)
- Private transportation and transfers, including pick-up and drop-off, with skilled driver
- Meals listed in the itinerary
- 2 bottles of drinking water per day
- English speaking tour guide
- 24/7 English speaking customer service
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Flight tickets
- Chinese visa
- Tour guide
- Meals not listed in the program
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Tips for tour guide and driver (not requested, but highly appreciated)
- Surcharges for upgrades from standard twin-bed rooms to double-bed rooms
- Day 1: Kunming-Dongchuan
In the morning your tour guide and driver will pick you up from your centrally located hotel in Kunming and drive you to Dongchuan Red Land. It is located about 180 km from the city and you'll enjoy an authentic Chinese lunch on the way. As you enter the Red Land area, you'll pass Yuepuao and then visit the most impressive Luoxiagou Valley where you will enjoy spectacular views onto the villages and farmlands surrounded by red land. Stunning views turn into something even more remarkable with the sunset light, offering almost endless opportunities to photography enthusiasts. Afterwards you'll have a typical local dinner and stay overnight in Dongchuan.
Day 2: Dongchuan-Kunming
You'll get up early to watch the sun rising over Dongchuan Red Land in the morning. From a distance, the hills and fields appear in all kinds of red colors. The flowers blossom on hills and slopes and produce multicoloured scenery together with golden wheat fields waving in the breeze. After lunch you'll head back to Kunming, where you'll be dropped off at your hotel.
If you would like to, we can add the visit to Xiaoshujin, a small village inhabited by Christian Miao minority, or Jiaozi Snow Mountain, the closest snow mountain to Kunming, it is almost on the way to Dongchuan. Please don't hesitate to contact us for more details!Important Info
Departure Point :Your hotel in Kunming city
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Kunming city or Kunming airport
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.