Tuscany Wine Tour: Montalcino and Montepulciano from Rome
The Val d'Orcia or Orcia Valley, is home to the most precious and appreciated Italian wines: the "Brunello di Montalcino", the "Nobile di Montepulciano", the "Rosso D'Orcia" and other superb wines with the DOCG denomination. The area is dotted with many little villages, castles, abbeys and hamlets, each with its own unique story to be discovered by visitor. Among the others, the walled medieval towns of Montalcino, Montepulciano and Pienza are three authentic jewels: scenarios that will fascinate even those who are in this valley mainly for its unforgettable reds.
Helped by the experience and knowledge of your Private Driver-Guide, this tour from Rome will take you deep inside the heart of Tuscany, by visiting small, old cellars, tasting wines together with who produces them and - definitely - enjoying a great time and a unique Italian experience!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees, road tolls, fuel
- Driver/guide at disposal full day
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Wine tasting to be paid on the spot (price starting from "free of charge" to 50 euro depending on the type of winery and tasting)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Montalcino, Montalcino, Tuscany
Meet in the morning your Driver-guide, at your Hotel or Apartment in Rome. Today you will have a day visit in Val D'Orcia ("Orcia Valley"), starting from the charming village of Montalcino.
Other than being visited for its typical medieval village and its fortress, we can say that the most important reason to get here is the legendary Brunello wine! Today there are about 250 wineries that produce Brunello for a production of about 6.5 million bottles. Brunello of Montalcino is the best-selling high quality wine in Italy and has become the flagship of Tuscan and Italian wines in the world. During the day your driver will get to several wineries to taste the Brunello.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Montepulciano, Montepulciano, Tuscany
But other than the Brunello, not far from Montalcino you can find Montepulciano, home of the "Montepulciano Noble" Wine.
Montepulciano is the biggest and highest of southern Tuscany’s hill towns, with its medieval alleyways and plethora of Renaissance palaces and churches. The fields around the town produce a violet-scented, orange-speckled ruby wine called Wine Nobile di Montepulciano - this area has been known since at least the 8th century for its superior wines.
With the help of your experienced Driver-Guide, you won't miss the chance to taste the best Noble Wine in the area!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at your address in Rome, whether that is a Hotel or private apartment.
Departure Time :10/9/2020 - 10/27/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.