Tuscany Small-Group Day Trip from Florence with Chianti Wine Tastings and Lunch
Swap the urban sights of Florence for the villages, scenery, wine and food of Tuscany on a small-group day trip! With a driver-guide, explore the Chianti, Crete Senesi and UNESCO-listed Val d’Orcia areas; visit medieval villages such as Greve, Castellina, Montalcino and Montepulciano; and sample up to six glasses of wine during two separate wine tastings. A lavish Tuscan lunch featuring fresh local ingredients is also included at a farmhouse in the Val d’Orcia hills. Numbers are limited to eight, ensuring a personalized experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Pickup and drop-off if Hotel centrally located
- English Speaking Driver
- 2 Wine Tastings in Typical Farms
- Lunch with drinks in a Typical Farm
- Small Group of max 8 pax
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chianti Road, Italy
head into the Chianti winemaking region where vineyards dot the landscape. Take in the surroundings and make your first stop at Greve, a quintessential Tuscan town, tucked into the hills. Explore the historical square and discover shops selling local handicrafts and traditional Chianti produce.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Rocca di Castellina, Piazza del Comune 19, 53011, Castellina In Chianti Italy
Discover Castellina, a small and ancient hilltop hamlet. Visit one of Castellina’s historical wine cellars for a look around, and learn about the history of winemaking in the area.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Fortezza di Montalcino, Piazzale della Fortezza, 53024, Montalcino Italy
Admire the clay landscape of Crete Senesi juxtaposed gloriously against the UNESCO-listed Val d’Orcia hills. Stop at a rustic farmhouse for your second wine tasting of the day, accompanied by a regional lunch. Sample three glasses of the prestigious Montalcino wine: Brunello di Montalcino, Rosso di Montalcino and Super Tuscan. Lunch typically consists of two types of crostini, Tuscan bruschetta, vegetable omelet, cheese, cold cuts of meat, fruit and homemade pie. Visit the farmhouse’s cellars and enjoy some free time to work off the food with a stroll. Travel onward to the village of Montalcino to soak up the views over Val d’Orcia and perhaps shop for artisan products
Stop At: Piazza Grande a Montepulciano, Pazza Grande, 53045, Montepulciano Italy
Finally, stop for a walk around the gorgeous village of Montepulciano before returning to Florence.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up service is offered to centrally located hotels in Florence. If your hotel is not centrally located, you can meet your host in Piazza della Repubblica, in front of Caffe' Gilli. We need to be informed on Customer Hotel Name when booking, to confirm the exact meeting time.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The English speaking driver leads the Tour providing general introductory information. He is not allowed to lead a guided visit inside a city centre, nor to provide historical and artistic information inside museums or churches
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Customers can be subject to a body temperature check. If the temperature is more than 37,5 °C, the clients are not allowed to access the Activity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.