Tumbatu Island Cultural Village Tour
The inhabitants of Tumbatu island on the North-East coast of Zanzibar live an isolated life and the island is powered entirely by solar panels, allowing them to be independent. Everyone who is not from Tumbatu, even people from Zanzibar, needs a written permit by the village eldest to enter the island. This trip is a rare opportunity to experience something really authentic.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Experienced Professional Tour guide
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel in private car
- Snorkeling gear (life jacket, mask & flippers)
- All Entrances Fees, taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Boat charter
- Mineral Water during the tour
- Transport waiting charge
- Fast responsive Ambulance Services
- Emergency Medical crew
- Handling for medical evacuation
What's excluded :
- Medical Insurance if needed
- International Flights
- Airport Taxes
- Expenses of a personal Nature
- Tumbatu Island is a dagger wedge-shaped and the third-largest island 14sq km lying Northwest of Unguja Island together making up Zanzibar, part of Tanzania in East Africa. It is about 30 minutes by boat from Mkokotoni and 1 hour from Nungwi. There are two common villages namely, Jongowe and Kichangani, both have an estimated 20,000 number of peoples living in and is surrounded reef rocks and corals that making it somewhat isolated from the rest of Zanzibar, even though its southern shore is only two kilometers (1.2 miles) from Mkokotoni on Unguja. Tumbatus are famed for their pride and safeguarding the Swahili traditions of which they strictly conserve. Historically who belong to the Shiraz ethnic group claim descent from Persian royalty which reputedly arrived in the ninth century, and there are important ruins at Makutani in the southeast of the island which were once one of Zanzibar's main settlements.
While exploring the beauty of this island you will have the opportunity to visit and discover tradition and cultural activities of the peoples experience, such as Voodoo a local horoscope search that peoples use on their problems solving, business-wise, good luck disease and other superstitions believes, tools used on this searching is a smooth piece of wood with sands and little sharp-pointed stick, after you will have a chance to visit a Baobab trees about 900 years of age. Take a short break of your leisure before sailing back to your hotel for overnight.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups commence approximately 7 - 75 minutes prior to this time and it depends on the location of the hotel, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation. Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.Airports
- Karume International Airport, Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Ferry Tickets, Mizingani Rd, Zanzibar, Tanzania
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.