Tulear Day Tour- The Antsokay Arboretum and Indian Ocean Ancient Relics
All guests are picked up at a hotel of their choice. Today we will see the coastal forest reserve and otherworldly desert scenery of southwestern Madagascar. On the route you’ll see baobabs and the marvelous coral rag scrub habitat with large and bloated Moringa trees, before reaching the Antsokay Arboretum. Head afterwards to the local museum to see artifacts such as the funerary art of the southern ethnicities, represented in typical tombs (“fasambezo”,) encircled by erotic funerary carvings, to express life and fertility of the deceased.
Time for some signature tropical drinks with endemic fruits afterwards? (Capital of "Rum Arrange" in Mada!)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- "Tulear" is the sunny coastal terminus of the National Route 7, replete with sandry tracks of baobabs and bizarre plant life. The Arboretum, your first stop, has a kaleidoscope of fauna and flora condensed into one great micro-ecosystem in the island, the world's most unique. The Antsokay Arboretum: Established in 1980 at the initiative of the Swiss amateur botanist Petignat Hermann (1923-2000,) covers an area of 52 hectares, with more than 920 plant species, lemurs, radiated tortoises, snakes and chameleons. Hear a guided introduction and walk to see these endemic treasures, and then head to the cultural treasure trove of the area to see hundreds of years of history in isolation from Africa and Asia. The museum is the best in the Indian Ocean, a humble yet very very rare collection of artifacts from all the kingdoms that have inhabited the islands over time.
Departure Point :Your chosen Tulear Hotel
Departure Time :Pickup is flexible but is best recommended around 8 or 9am from your chosen Tulear Hotel.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.