Tui Cathedral Guided Tour
Tui Cathedral is the most emblematic building in the city and its visit is essential to know all its secrets. It is one of the most interesting examples of peninsular medieval architecture. Forced passage of pilgrims on their way to Santiago, this cathedral is one of the most important enclaves of the Portuguese Way. He witnessed countless historical events of great relevance such as the Independence of Portugal, the Irmandiñas Revolts or the French Invasion, among others. It is an authentic stone book in which you can read all the history and evolution of the city.
The cathedral of Santa María de Tui highlights its fortress aspect, the entrance portico, its propped interior, its rich altarpieces, as well as the collection of sacred art or part of the spectacular collection of Sambenitos, without forgetting the cloister or the impressive viewpoint overlooking the Miño and Portugal.
per adult from
45 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Entrance to the Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Tui Cathedral
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tui Cathedral, Plaza De San Fernando 36700, Tui Spain
The Cathedral of Santa María de Tui is one of the most emblematic buildings in Galicia. It has a façade marked by its fortress appearance and a unique cloister. During the tour we will be able to know its history and admire a multitude of works of art. Inside, in addition to the altarpieces, the choir stalls or the baroque organs, we can stop at some of the most unique pieces on display in the cathedral museum.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Catedral Tui, Plaza San Fernando, s/n, 36700 Tuy, Pontevedra, Spain
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.