Trunks and Caves: a Guilin exploration
With its location at the Li River, Guilin has become a highly popular place for visiting natural phenomena of extraordinary beauty. Where the Reed Flute Caves prides itself with karst magnificence, the Elephant Trunk Hill does it with its myths and tales.
• Set foot inside a stalagmite and stalactite beauty
• Admire the Elephant Trunk Hill and the Water Moon Cave
• Hear plenty of spellbound stories during this half-day
• Guilin’s famous sights just within easy reach of your booked hotel
• Return transfers from and to your hotel are included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Reed Flute Cave (Ludi Yan)
- Entry/Admission - Elephant Trunk Hill (Xiangbishan)
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Reed Flute Cave (Ludi Yan), 0773-2695075, Guilin 541001 China
An early morning departure from your hotel, accompanied by a professional, English speaking guide and driver, and two of Guilin’s recognizable sites, created by the hands of Mother Nature, will pass the revue. We start the morning at the Reed Flute Cave, the most impressive karst cave surrounding Guilin. Not only is it the largest cave, but also its stunning array of stalactites and stalagmites makes this cave a spectacular sight, reminiscent of the most sight-worthy cathedral or palatial hall. Named after the verdantly-green reeds that grow just outside the entrance and said to be the perfect base material to make melodious flutes and pipes, the real treasure lies when you venture into the deeper sections of the 240-metre cave. Inside this water-eroded cave is a wondrous world of stone pillars, curtains and a myriad other rock formations created by carbonate deposition over millions of years.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Elephant Trunk Hill (Xiangbishan), Within Xiangbishan Park, Xiangshan District, Guilin 541004 China
Next, the natural symbol of Guilin again is something that has been shaped by nature; the shape of the hill resembles a huge elephant drinking water from the river with its trunk, hence the name Elephant Trunk Hill certainly applies. Right between the trunk and the legs is a semi-round cave penetrated by water called the Water Moon Cave (or Shui Yue in Mandarin). Various stories do exist about how this natural phenomenon came to its existence, but we prefer not to go into further details: your guide for this morning tour will reveal some of the myths surrounding the Elephant Trunk Hill. He/she may also recommend you to come back late at night, when the moon is at its fullest, as the scenery here will be quite an astonishing one.
Sadly, the morning comes to an end, and we drive you comfortably back to your Guilin hotel, just before lunchtime.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available for customers staying in and inside downtown Guilin. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District, Yangshuo, and Longsheng, train stations, Li River cruise ports and Guilin’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside downtown Guilin. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District, Yangshuo, and Longsheng, train stations, Li River cruise ports and Guilin’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This tour is operated only in the morning.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.