Truffle Hunting & Wine Tasting In Istria (private V.i.p. Tour)
Would you like to experience the once-in-a-lifetime thrill of truffle hunting with dogs? Follow our truffle hounds through the woods and experience the surge of excitement as they locate this edible treasure.
This is the real thing. The No. 1 truffle hunting tour. Truffle hunting in the land where his majesty - THE TRUFFLE - is at home. We'll meet at the Koper's cruise ship terminal (or hotel or any other preferred pickup location in Koper, Izola, Piran and Portoroz) and arrange all necessary in order for you to take part in this authentic experience.
Start this adventure with a truffle hunting family, whose 3rd generation is now hunting for truffles. Friendly hosts will tell you all about truffles, the tradition of truffle hunting, and their truffle hunting dogs. But above all, they will take you to the BEST truffle hunting spot that just few locals know about. Tasting of truffle products will be prepared for you in beautiful surroundings.
per adult from
330 to 360 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel / Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport in an air-conditioned minivan
- Tour guide/escort during the whole trip,
- Licensed truffle hunter (a member of a third generation truffle hunting family)
- Professional truffle hunter dog,
- Tastings of various Istrian dishes made with truffles: Aromatic cheese from sheep’s, goat's and cow’s milk with chopped fresh truffles, Dried sausage enriched with Istrian truffles, Uniquely flavored acacia Eco-honey with added white truffle, Extra virgin olive oil with black truffle flavor, Truffle pate (spread), Omelette with Truffles, A glass (or two) of local Teran and Malvazija wine FRITULE - old Istrian dessert.
- Truffle recipes (sent by email after the tour)
What's excluded :
- Any services not listed above as “Included
- Personal travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alfredo Tours, Koper 6000 Slovenia
After picking you up at the meeting point with a comfortable, air-conditioned 8-seats mini-van (or car), we will take you to one of the most renowned truffle hunting regions. During the drive to reach the region you'll be able to sit back and enjoy the ride while we introduce you to the area.
With a roughly 15 minute comfortable ride, we will start off the day with a visit to a truffle hunting family, whose 3rd generation is now hunting for truffles. Friendly hosts will tell you all about truffles, the tradition of truffle hunting, and their truffle hunting dogs. But above all, they will take you to the BEST truffle hunting spot that just a few locals know about. Tasting of truffle products will be prepared for you in beautiful surroundings, and you will also have the opportunity to buy truffle products in the nearby shop.
We'll return home with full bellies, a happy heart and great memories, just in time. After a wonderful day of truffle hunting.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Koper, Koper, Slovenian Istria, Slovenian Littoral Region
- Tastings of various Istrian dishes made with truffles,
- A glass (or two) of local Teran and Malvazija wine.
Duration: 1 minute
Departure Point :Koper, Koper, Slovenian Istria, Slovenian Littoral Region
Traveler pickup is offered
• Departure time for Cruise Passengers is 1 hour after the ship docks but no later than 11:00 am • Pick-up at hotel: 10:30 am • Departure Time 11:00 amPorts
- Port of Koper - Truck terminal (Luka Koper Inpo), Ankaranska cesta 7, 6000 Koper - Capodistria, Slovenia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Although we will hunt on sites where we have previously found truffles, finding them cannot be guaranteed.
- We regret that you are not able to bring your own dog on this tour as they will distract our truffle hound.
- Truffle hunting will require some walking (on flat slopes mainly but also on some gently sloping sites).
- We suggest good walking shoes (no flip-flops!)
- We also regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility.
- The tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We also expect guides and travelers to continue to embrace the “new normal” practices we’ve all become accustomed to: Wash/sanitize hands frequently; Cough or sneeze only into a closed elbow; Avoid shared items; Maintain physical distance between yourself and those outside your family/friend circle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.