Trip to the martyr George monastery in El Rozikat (Margergis)
The monastery bears the name of the martyr George, and called it the ” El Rozikat Monastery”, after the neighboring village to distinguish it from the rest of the monasteries and churches of St .George, which are widespread in Egypt.
Join us in this interesting trip and learn about the story of the martyr George and his torture to deny Jesus until he received the crown of martyrdom and the story of building a monastery named after him
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coptic attractions mentioned in the program
- Transfers in a private car
- Tour Guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Pick up and drop off
- Mineral water
What's excluded :
- Tipping (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Luxor Temple, Luxor 23512 Egypt
Start your trip by pick up from your hotel in Luxor in a private car to visit the martyr George monastery in El Rozikat in Luxor
About the monastery
The monastery is located in the governorate of Luxor, south of Egypt, west of the village “Rozikat” .
The current church in the monastery dates back to the 18th and 19th centuries ,which another historical church was located in the same place . There are six structures, three bellows, and the structures named Saint George, St. Matthews the Fakhoury, St. Anthony, the Virgin, the Angel and the Martyrs.The church covers 24 dome made of mud bricks.
Saint George of the Qabadun princes grew up in Asia Minor in the third century AD during the time of the Roman Tsar Diocletian in 3.3 AD. At the beginning of his life, he served as an officer in the army of the tsar and was a contemporary of the young people of the cave who were mentioned in the holy books.
He then left the Tsar’s service when he began a wave of terrible persecution of believers in the Christian faith, and St. George stood on the side of the opponents of Caesar and stubbornly defended Christianity.
He was tortured and tortured until he was martyred and buried in the Palestinian city of Lod
In its annual celebrations, the monastery receives about 100,000 visitors from 10 to 16 November each year.
Then you will have your lunch at a local restaurant
At the end of the trip you will be transferred to your hotel in Luxor
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we pick up all travelers from luxor
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.