Trip to St.Cathrine Monastery & Moses mountain
Be enchanted by the Sinai desert and go to the top of Mount Moses and marvel at the incredible sunrise from the summit. Learn about the story of Moses tree. Browse through manuscripts at St Catherine’s Monastery. And learn about the story of St. Catherine and the story of the building of this monastery ,on an archaeological Coptic trip from Cairo to the monastery of St. Catherine.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coptic attractions mentioned in the program
- Tour Guide
- Transfers in a private car
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Pick up and drop off
- Mineral water
What's excluded :
- Gratituties (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cairo Tower, El-Andalus, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Saint Catherine’s Monastery is located in South Sinai, Egypt, below Mount Catherine, the highest mountain in Egypt, near Mount Moses. It is said to be the oldest monastery in the world, a major tourist attraction, where it is intended for tourist groups from all over the world . The monastery was built on the orders of Empress Helen, mother of Emperor Constantine, but it was actually Emperor Justinian who built it between 545 AD to contain the remains of St. Catherine, who lived in Alexandria. It is still one of the most famous symbolic religious groups in the world.
The monastery contains many churches, including the main church (the Church of the Transfiguration),where we will find Moses tree that caught fire ,It was named after the place where the prophet Moses saw fire.
Get picked up from your hotel in Cairo ,then travel in an air-conditioned vehicle and reach the Moses Mountain. Upon arrival, climb up Mount Sinai – the sacred place where the Prophet Moses received the 10 commandments. Reach 2,285 meters by climbing up 750 steps, strolling all night (approx 2-3 hours depending on the customers).
Arrive at the summit and marvel at the rising sun slowly scattering across the mountains in all its splendor. While gazing at the sunrise, click awesome photos or pray if you wish to, then begin the descent back down. Remember, it will take around 2 hours to reach the bottom.
Next, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of St. Catherine’s Monastery. Browse through the old manuscripts displayed in the library and icons excavated from the Vatican. It is the oldest functioning Christian monasteries in the world situated on the Sinai Peninsula
Finally, relax and take your lunch. End the journey with a hotel drop off at Cairo
Duration: 15 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.