Trincomalee City Tour from Habarana
(SKU: LK60321700) This tour takes you to the ancient harbour city of Trincomalee on the beautiful Eastern Coast of Sri Lanka. Explore nature with a boat ride to Pigeon Island. Visit the mysterious hot wells of Kinniya. Admire the colourful architecture and secretive nooks of the millennia-old Thirukoneswaram Temple. Feel the weight of history within the ancient stone walls of Fort Frederick. Relax on the bright white sands of Marble Beach. The tropics have never been more exciting.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide
- 1 Boat Safari to Pigeon Island
- 1-Liter Water Bottle Per Person
What's excluded :
- Meals where not specified
- Entrance tickets.
- Food and beverages.
- Entry/Admission - Pigeon Island National Park
- Entry/Admission - Kanniya Hot Springs
- Entry/Admission - Thirukkoneswaram Kovil (New Temple)
- Entry/Admission - Marble Beach
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pigeon Island National Park, Public Beach Road, Nilaveli 31010 Sri Lanka
The first place you visit once you get there will be the beautiful islet off Trincomalee coast, Pigeon Island. This has been the nesting grounds for the local rock pigeons for centuries. Its verdant slopes boast a number of other fauna and flora, in addition to the pigeons.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kanniya Hot Springs, Trincomalee Sri Lanka
You will be travelling to the hot wells of Kinniya. These ancient wells were once part of the Temple City that surrounded Koneswaram but is now separate due to the lands of the temple being taken over by the city. There are a number of hot well springs in Kinniya; each of which has a different temperature that can be felt at touch. Whilst there, take note of the ruins of the old Shiva Temple nearby that was destroyed during the recent civil wars.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Thirukkoneswaram Kovil (New Temple), Trincomalee, Sri Lanka
After the hot wells, you will be visiting Thirukoneswaram Temple. While proven historical evidence shows that it’s at least 3000 years old; legends speak of it having an age of over 5,000 years. You will be able to view the fascinating architecture; which is more recent due to the temple having been rebuilt after its destruction during the Portuguese era. There is also an exciting little rocky path that leads to a secretive cave where you will be able to see the primitive and ancient shrine that the temple started from.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Marble Beach, Kinniya Road, Trincomalee 31000 Sri Lanka
Your final destination will be Marble Beach. This stretch of coast is known for its smooth white sands and clear waters. You will be able to sunbathe or play in the sea and after which you will begin the drive back. The tour will conclude when you get back to your hotel in Sigiriya.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel in Habarana
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.