Tretyakov Gallery and Zamoskvorechye Tour in Moscow with Private Guide
The best art gallery in Moscow with a private local guide.
Explore the Zamoskvorechye District and visit the Tretyakov Gallery on this 3-hour Moscow walking tour. Track the origin of Moscow, and discover one of the oldest streets of Moscow – Pyatnitskaya street;
Follow your knowledgeable guide through the Zamoskvorechye District’s ancient streets and admire the diverse architectural styles for which this corner of Moscow is famous. Along the way, gain insight into Russian history from the 12th century to today.
Then, step inside the Tretyakov Gallery and admire works of art by Soviet and Russian artists including Vassily Kandinsky, Kazimir Malevich, and Andrei Rublev. Stroll along the galleries and see how the artists’ styles evolved through the years.
Finish the tour at some cafe or restaurant in central Moscow where you can have lunch after the tour. Or else your guide can take you back to your hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes
- Friendly local guide
- Private tour
- Multiple start times available
- Expert advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- Iconic places for photo shoot
- Flexible customizable itinerary
- Must-see attractions and off the beaten path
- Meeting in the hotel lobby
- Entrance ticket to the Tretyakov Gallery
- Entry/Admission - State Tretyakov Gallery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zamoskvorechie area, Moscow 115054 Russia
Meet your private guide at your centrally located Moscow hotel in the morning, then head into the city to begin your 3-hour tour.
Timing is flexible and you can start the tour any time you prefer.
10am - Your friendly local guide will meet you in the hotel lobby and discuss the tour itinerary with you at the beginning of the tour.
10.30am - Explore the historic Zamoskvorechye District — nestled on the southern bank of the Moskva River. Discover diverse architectural styles among the bustling streets such as 18th-century mansions, Baroque houses and traditional wooden homes, and listen as your guide sheds light on Moscow’s history from the 12th century to the present day.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: State Tretyakov Gallery, Lavrushinskiy ln 10, Moscow 119017 Russia
11am - Afterward, visit the Tretyakov Gallery — widely considered home to the finest collections of Russian fine art in the world. Discover over 130,000 exhibits and works by skilled Soviet and Russian artists including Vassily Kandinsky, Kazimir Malevich, and Andrei Rublev.
See and listen to the stories about some of the most famous paintings worldwide:
Trinity by Andrei Rublev;
Morning in a pine forest by Ivan Shishkin;
The Unequal Marriage by Vasily Pukirev;
Boyarynya Morozova by Vasily Surikov;
Bogatyrs by Viktor Vasnetsov;
The Appearance of Christ to the people by Aleksandr Ivanov;
The Apotheosis of War by Vasiliy Vereschagin;
Ivan The Terrible killing his son by Ilya Repin;
The girl with peaches by Valentin Serov;
Unexpected Return by Ilya Repin;
Morning of Streltsy’s execution by Vasily Surikov;
The rooks have arrived by Aleksey Savrasov;
Horsewoman by Karl Brullov;
Demon Seated in a Garden by Mikhail Vrubel;
Beauty by Boris Kustodiev;
The Swan Princess by Mikhail Vrubel;
Portrait of an Unknown Woman by Ivan Kramskoi;
Catherine the Great in a Temple of Justice by Dmitry Levitzky;
Bathing of a Red Horse by Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin;
Portrait of Maria Lopukhina by Vladimir Borovikovsky.
As you explore, find out what sets Russian art apart and see how the styles developed as the centuries ticked by. When your time in the Tretyakov Gallery comes to an end, return on foot to your Moscow hotel with your guide to conclude your tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Moskovskiye Novosti, Ulitsa Pyatnitskaya, 25 строение 1, Moskva, Russia, 115184
1pm - Finish the tour at a cafe or get back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Lobby of your hotel. Please provide the exact name and address of your hotel.Your guide will meet you at your centrally-located hotel, hostel or vacation rentalYou don't need to call to confirm the tour. The local supplier will contact you via email
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Private walking tour with the use of metro
- Please indicate prefer start time in comments when booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are serious about taking extra precautions to stop the spread of this virus by practicing regular hand washing and sanitization. We practice social distancing measures through providing private tours only.This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.