Trekking to the Summit Craters of Etna - Ashàra Volcanological Guides
Live the unique experience of conquering the summit of the highest active volcano in Europe accompanied by volcanological guides with proven experience and capable of transmitting the passion for these exceptional activities in the midst of nature.
per adult from
What's included :
- Free rental rock helmet
- High-necked hiking shoes
- Trekking poles
- Windbreakers + gloves
What's excluded :
- Backpack 10/20 L
- Bottled water - at least 1.5 L
- Snacks - Snack and packed lunch
- Cable car and 4x4 jeep tickets
After the meeting with the volcanological guide and the pre-departure briefing, with the help of cable car and 4x4 bus we will quickly gain altitude up to 2900m s.l.m., near Torre del Filosofo. We will begin a 2-hour walking trek where we will make 2-3 intermediate breaks to enjoy the view along the lunar-like lava fields that will lead us under the summit craters. With a last challenging climb we will reach the summit of Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe where we can admire the peculiarities that characterize the summit area.
We will descend on foot through sandbanks, we will visit other craters of different historical periods and we will cross a lava flow channel.
We will return to an altitude of 2500 m asl where the cable car will take us back to the starting point.
The ticket for the cable car and 4x4 bus transport up to an altitude of 2900 m a.s.l. is not included in the cost of the excursion.
At the discretion of the guide and for safety reasons, given the continuous and unpredictable evolution of volcanic activity, the excursions could undergo variations and, above all, could be modified according to weather conditions and volcanic activity.
• Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
• Itinerario Crateri Sommitali, Linguaglossa, Sicily Italy
• Valle Del Bove, 95019 Zafferana Etnea, Sicily Italy
Departure Point :Piazzale Rifugio Sapienza, Unnamed Road, 95030, 95030 Nicolosi CT, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You must be in perfect physical condition
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.