Trekking in Sinharaja Rainforest
(SKU: LK74480100) Take this wonderful opportunity to explore the hidden depths of Sinharaja Rainforest in Sri Lanka! Hike through the dense jungle to see its marvels. Consult with your accompanying naturalist for new insights into the ecosystem of Sinharaja. Put your binoculars into use as you do some fun birding. Identify many rare and endemic species of plants and animals.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour guide and support staff.
- Refreshments with energy slabs.
What's excluded :
- Any transportation up to the trail head at Sinharaja Forest Reserve.
- Food and beverages where not specified.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Gratuities (optional).
You will be able to start the tour at 6:00 am. At the entrance of Sinharaja Rain Forest, you will meet up with your naturalist guide who will lead you into the dense undergrowth along secretive trails. Your naturalist will help you identify some of the 20 endemic rainforest birds through his extensive birding knowledge, along with showing you the other wildlife, butterflies and rare herbs and plants in the forest. So make sure to have your binoculars and cameras at hand. You may even get to see one of the 15 or so leopards that roam within Sinharaja, as your naturalist highly proficient at finding them and other extremely elusive wildlife.
• Sinharaja Forest Entrance, Sinharaja Access Road Viharahena, Deniyaya 81500 Sri Lanka
Departure Point :Weddagala, Sri Lanka
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Personal effects for warm/windy/rainy conditions should be carried by clients
- We do not accept any liability for the loss or damage of any personal belongings while on tour
- The experienced and well-trained guide would take every precaution to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all guests on tour as your safety is our prime concern. However, Paradise Island Safari or its employees do not accept any liability for death, injury or illness of guest while on tour caused by any animal, reptile, insect, and events of nature or any type of accident.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.