Trekking around the Rock of the Castle of Monemvasia
A beautiful route with many interesting elements of nature and history, as well as amazing views. The path is small to medium difficulty, with a unique natural landscape, and leads us to the back gate of the castle and to the hidden Lighthouse of the castle, UNESCO cultural heritage monument, crossing the back gate we will find ourselves at the fortress walking up to cobbled trail, you will have the opportunity to admire the many Byzantine churches and their belfry while having plenty of time for rest and also a short sightseeing visit. Then follow the footpath along the Rock, to the upper city to admire the unique view and beauty of the city and the area from above. At the end of your trekking and visit, you will enjoy a branch with local products, fresh orange juice, coffee, and tea.
• Walk-in nature by the seashore
• Admire historical monuments
• Taste local and traditional products.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - Provided Brunch with traditional local products, orange juice coffee and tea.
- All Fees and Taxes
- English speaking Guide.
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- No entry tickets at museums/archaeological sights
Combine nature with civilization. Discover every aspect of Monemvasia off the beaten track, through a picturesque trail that runs a little further up and along the seashore that surrounds the rock, you will meet the special and beautiful local flora of the area, including some rare plants. You will enjoy a wonderful walk around and inside the castle, and you will have the opportunity to visit many sights, be impressed with the unique view and wonderful nature, as well as the spectacular beauty of the historic settlement while enjoying aesthetic fulfillment and euphoria since you have completed the route.
• Monemvasia Fortress, Monemvasia, Monemvasia Municipality 23070 Greece
• Upper Town of Monemvasia, Summit Trail, Kastro Greece
Departure Point :THE FLOWER OF MONEMVASIA, Gefira 230 70, Greece
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 7 years
- A good amount of walking is involved
- Essential equipment: comfort shoes/boots, hat & sunscreen
- This tour/activity has a minimum of 2 travelers and a maximum of 15
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a share tour/activity.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.