Trek to the Inle Golden Rock Pagoda
Why Inle Lake is such a magical place for hiking is affirmed during this half-day touring option. Venture uphill to watch the vastness of the lake and its settlements from atop the Inle Golden Rock Pagoda, with local visits to complement this adventure.
• Conquer the wonderful hike to the top of Inle Golden Rock Pagoda
• Meet the local Inthar at one of their local villages
• Engage with ethnic minorities in and around Inle Lake
• Soak in the unmissable views leading from new angles
• Boat transfer from and to Inle Lake are included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking hiking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Return transfers by boat from and to our Inle Lake / Nyaung Shwe accommodation
What's excluded :
- Inle Lake zone fees
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers To/from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - Mine Thauk Market
- Entry/Admission - Kyaiktiyo Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Myaung Yoe Gyi Village
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mine Thauk Market, Mine thauk market, ညောင်ရွှေ, Myanmar (Burma)
Your hiking guide will be ready to welcome you at your hotel lobby. The tour commences with a short boat ride across Inle Lake towards Mine Thauk, a small village on the lake’s banks, from where you will ride in pillion on the back of a motorcycle to the actual starting point of your half-day trek. It is from here nothing but your feet and the drive to see Inle Lake from a bird’s eye view – a good 1-hour hike uphill brings you to your first stop – a local Pa-O village, called Ta-La-Pin. En route, we often stop at a nursery school near Kin-Tae, watching young children play and gaining a basic education (subject to availability). Ta-La-Pin forms as the perfect time to catch your breath and soak in the fresh air before the final stretch on towards Kyauk Htee Tin.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, Kin Pun Myanmar
The final 30 minutes of hiking to the Inle Golden Rock Pagoda at Kyauk Htee Tin laud in new sights which is almost a compulsory stop. Before reaching the proverbial finish line, you will visit a local house, constructed in methods that still withstand the tests of time, a natural spring and a monastery. But it all comes down to the stunning view of the Inle Golden Rock Pagoda. Recognisable by a small pagoda on a flat rock, perched almost precariously overlooking Inle Lake, you will have enough time to soak in commanding views before making your back to the boat jetty.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Myaung Yoe Gyi Village, Nyaungshwe, Myanmar (Burma)
Just before reuniting with the captain of his small, treasured vessels, we make a stop at the Intha villages of Myaung-Yoe and Myaung-Kouk before your final boat ride back to you Inle Lake resort marks the end of an adventurous half-day out and about.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Nyaung Shwe and along Inle Lake. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kalaw, Taunggyi, Pindaya and the domestic airport are excluded.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide only.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Nyaung Shwe and along Inle Lake. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Heho, Kalaw, Taunggyi, Pindaya and the domestic airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- Part of this excursion includes walking over unpaved roads and paths. This may not suit guests with walking issues. Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower.
- We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes. We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- Infants must sit on laps
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.