Trek & Climb: Nevado Qampa
Trek & Climb: Nevado Qampa: The snowy Qampa is one of the mountains of the Vilcanota mountain range; it’s located to the Southeast of the City of Cusco, in the province of Quisipicanchis. A great introduction climb for those without experience of glacial climbs.
Leaving from Cusco; in private transportation early in the morning, we’ll drive 3 hours south to the Ausangate region. On arrival we’ll take our time to check all of our equipment for the climb. We’ll meet up with our arrieros and their mules; the arrieros loading all of our equipment onto them before setting off on this epic Peru adventure.
Nevado Qampa (Jampa, also spelled Campa), is the easiest; and one of the most popular mountains in Cusco and may be climbed without experience in mountaineering. It requires a glacier hike and sometimes a small rock climbing pass depending on the season. Once at the summit it offers an incredible panoramic view; that reaches to Salkantay over 200km in a north western direction.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Full camping equipment & dining service
- Breakfast - Breakfast x 2, Lunch x 3, Dinner x 2, Snacks & Water
- Private transportation
- Professional bilingual guide, Mountain cook, Horsemen & mules
What's excluded :
- Sleeping bags available for hire & ice climbing equipment
- Hotels & domestic flights, before and after trip. (can be arranged)
1 - Cusco - Tinqui - Pacchanta - Campo Base
Heading south-east by the Interoceanic highway, passing through the city of Urcos and within about 3 hours arriving at Ocongate. 45 mins from Ocongate, in Pacchanta we meet the muleteers and cook. Hiking 4 hrs to the base camp, with impressive views of: Ausangate (6384 masl), Cayangate (6110 masl) and others. At base camp, the equipment (harnesses, crampons, ice axes, helmets, leggings, gloves) will be there. The guide will teach you the correct way of using the equipment, how to act on a glacier and have them ready for promotion.
2 - Base Camp - Summit - Base Camp
It is essential to attack a mountain at dawn. You’ll leave the base camp and in approx. 2 hrs of ascent by moraine arriving at the glacier, where we prepare ourselves with the mountain equipment to enter the glacier. After 3 hours on the glacier you’ll reach the summit of the Qampa mountain - 5,500 masl. Taking 30mins on the summit to enjoy Andean landscapes. The descent to the base camp will take a further 3 hours.
3 - Base Camp - Pacchanta - Cusco
Leaving at 9am for Pacchanta after breakfast, arriving in about 3 hours, taking lunch and return to the City of Cusco.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pre-Trek Briefing on the evening prior to departure.Travelers to carry own personal equipment for trek.
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.