Transport From Cusco To Hidroeléctrica
This is the cheaper way to go to Machu Picchu.
We wil provided you transport service from Cusco to Hidroelectrica, the closer area to Aguas Calientes. From Hidroelectrica you just need to walk to Aguas Calientes for around 2 to 3 hours. If you can not buy a train ticket, you can get this option if you like walking and the adventure.
We dont recomend this option for children and older adults
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Transport from Cusco to Hidroelectrica (one way or round trip according to your selection).
What's excluded :
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Train tickets
- Tour guide
- Lunch - Not included meals, drinks
- Accomodation or hostel
- This transport is an alternative way to arrive to Machu Picchu. First we take you to Hidroelectrica, then you need to walk from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes.
For people who couldn't buy a train ticket to Machu Picchu town or Aguas Calientes. We offer this economical option to go to Machu Picchu. This car take you 6 hours by car from Cusco to Hidroelectrica. The bus depart every day at 07:30 AM, this is a van for 19 people, it doesnt have toilet, the bus will stop 2 hours from Cusco to use toilets, the other stop will be close to Hidroelectrica for lunch. The last place where the van can take you is Hidroelectrica, you arrive here around 14:30 hrs. From here you have to start the walk for 2 to 3 hours towards to Aguas Calientes (the path is flat following the rail road). For those who can not walk, they can buy a train ticket from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes, the price is 35 dollars one way.
After the 2 to 3 hours by walking, you will arrive to Aguas Calientes, then you need to spend the night in Aguas Calientes. The next day probably you will visit Machu Picchu. If you will return this second day to Hidroelectrica and then to Cusco. We recomended you spend time in Machu Picchu until 11 am, Then you need to start walking towards to hidroelectrica (aroun 3 to 3.5 hours by walking). You have to be in Hidroelectrica at 14:30, the bus could wait until 15:00 hrs. (it is important to be before or the bus will leave you). After another 6 hours by car you will be back in Cusco city.
Once you do the reservation, we will register your name in the list of travelers for the bus in the selected dates.
The day of the trip. You need to wait at the entrace of Macdonald, located in the Main Square of Cusco. Here will come one person from our staff with the list of names to take you to the place where the bus leave, that is located 1 block from this place.
For the retun you need to be in Hidroelectrica at 14:30 maximun 15:00 hrs. after this time the van will depart (it is importan to be on time).
NOTE: This is an economical alternative way not available from JANUARY TO MARCH 30 (raining season). This transport is a van for 19 people and the route of the trip is a little bumpy (Narrow routes, abysses, ascents and descents). Is not the best way to go to Machu Picchu, but is a cheaper and adventure way to arrive there. You need al least 2 days, but your return could be in 3 or 4 days, according to your preferences.
Departure Point :
we meet you at the Macdonald entrance in the Main square of Cusco, from this point we take you 1 to 2 blocks by walking to the place where the bus can stop and pick up all the travelers. The bus can not stop for longer in the bus stop, so it is important to be on time.
PortsENTRANCE OF MACDONALD AT THE MAIN SQUARE OF CUSCO
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Central Hidroelectrica Machu Picchu, Urubamba Province, 08680, Peru - The bus leave you at the last spot in Hidroelectrica, where you need to start the trekking towards to Aguas Calientes
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.