Transfer-Rome to Sorrento with a 75 minute stop in Abby Monte Casino /vice versa
This breathtaking monastery was established by Saint Benedict himself 1500 years ago. Built over the site of the pagan temple of Apollo, where the sculpture of Apollo was destroyed along with the altar. It is really a delight to visit the Abbey of Montecassino to admire its beautiful architectural splendor and remember its history. Due to its significant location, this place has always been a target of military attacks throughout history, the most gruesome of all certainly being the Battle of Monte Cassino fought during the Second World War.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking driver
- Parking Fees
- Highway tolls
- Passenger Insurance
What's excluded :
- Admission to any sites (Abbey Monte Cassino E5pp)
- The escort driver will pick up clients at the address provided. Proceed to Sorrento with a 75 minutes stop at Abby of Monte Cassino where the guest explore. Or the reverse, where pick up is Sorrento and drop off is Rome with a 75 minutes stop Abby of Monte Cassino.
Departure Point :
Pick up is Rome Area or Sorrento Area. Full address is needed. If possible, a telephone number. Please be clear of pick up and drop off address. As well as pick up time. If airport or train drop off, please provide the time of departure so we can make sure that the correct pick up time is set up.
AirportsFiumicino Airport, Via dell' Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, 54, Fiumicino ItalyCiampino Airport, Rome Italy
OtherMonte Cassino, 03043 Cassino, Province of Frosinone, Italy - Located in the mountains of Lazio, this beautiful abbey was the first monastery of the Benedectine Order. It was established in 529 by Saint Benedict of Nursia, the patron saint of Europe, who is considered the founder of monasticism in the West. It was the first hospital in Europe., The monastery library accrued one of the richest libraries in Europe, becoming a cultural and educational center by the 10-11th centuries. The monastery was destroyed several times, most recently by Allied bombing in 1944. After the war, the monastery was rebuilt and is now comprised of several monolithic structures including cloisters, a Basilica, and museum. Inside, the frescoes, altars, sculptures, and church organ are outstanding. The Crypt is astounding with the beautiful staircases and ending with incomparable mosaics. Here, 5 saints, including St. Benedict and his sister St. Scholastica, as well as a Pop are interred.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/5/2019 - 12/31/2022
Monday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Tuesday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Wednesday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Thursday: 12:00 AM - 11:00 PM Friday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Saturday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :80067 Sorrento, Metropolitan City of Naples, ItalyMetropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- We can accommodate folding wheelchairs
- Wheelchair/strollers accessible / restrictions in certain areas- if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.