Tram Chim 1 Day
Leave Ho Chi Minh city from early morning head to Tram Chim National park 155 km - 3.5 hours away, you will have chance to enjoy wetlands peaceful life of Mekong Delta
and learn more about the rare birds in this reserve. During the day, you will discover Tram Chim national park - a large sanctuary for birds, was recognized as the fourth Ramsar site in Vietnam and the 2,000th in the world. This trip will also offer you a chance to engage in conversation with local residents and get to know their Mekong Delta culture values and lifestyle.
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking local guide;
- Solar powered boat, rowing boat in Tram Chim national park;
- Join in local handicraft workshops, enjoy lotus milk, and lotus tea and soup;
- Healthy Vietnamese lunch.
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
• Visit one of four Ramsar sites in Vietnam - Tram Chim national park which is noted for its rare red-headed cranes (Grus antigone) a species listed in the IUCN Red List, though more than 220 species of bird live within the reserve;
• Experience a collective eco-system of geomorphology, hydrography and underwater creatures in Ramsar wetland aboard a solar powered boat;
• Join us for various activities such as visiting local traditional handicraft workshops and learn to make water hyacinth product (optional) and more, fishing and rowing on a lotus field;
• Enjoy local products made out of lotus such as milk, lotus seeds soup (chè sen);
• Get yourself active by using eco-friendly vehicles including bicycles and hand-rowing boats inside Tram Chim national park during the trip
Departure: HCMC center hotel
Return point: HCMC center hotel
Schedule details: full day
08:00 You will picked up at your hotel in center of Ho Chi Minh City and taken to Tram Chim national park, Tam Nông Đồng Tháp province, stopover en route to have some traditional coffee
11:30 Arrive Tram Chim national park Information center, learn about general info of the reserve.
12:00 Enjoy Vietnamese lunch with local food
13:30 In the afternoon, you will embark on a solar powered boat to visit Tram Chim national park – one of four Ramsars in Vietnam (an international treaty for the conservation and sustainable use of wetlands) where you will be introduced range of animals, birds and plants in the Southern Vietnam and few birds amongst 200 types of birds housing here which make up ¼ the bird population in Vietnam. Some of these birds have been put in the Red Book for a long time. The most typical and well-known one is the red-headed crane, one of the last 15 crane pieces in the world. Normally, a crane has a height of more than 1.7 m, gray feathers, long neck, red head and wide wings. After that you continue on a self-rowing boat where you can experience the eco-system and then walking through the trails inside the reserve
16:00 Join in a local traditional handicraft workshop and learn to make water hyacinth product (optional)
16:30 - 17:30 Visit a local family to row and fish on a lotus field, engage in conversation with them and enjoy local products made out of lotus such as milk, lotus seeds soup (chè sen)
17:30 Depart to Ho Chi Minh City
20:30 Arrive at HCMC
Departure Point :163 Lý Tự Trọng, Phường Bến Thành, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.