Train Ticket to Giverny with Entrance to Monet's Garden
Travel to Giverny by train from Paris to visit the site where the Impressionist painter Monet lived and worked. Claude Monet's garden at Giverny is one of the best known gardens in France. Discover the inspiration for some of his most famous paintings.
per adult from
What's included :
- Round-trip Train
- Tickets for Monet's House and its gardens
- Entry/Admission - Fondation Claude Monet
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Shuttle from Vernon to Giverny
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Giverny, Giverny, Eure, Haute-Normandie, Normandy
See Giverny and live Impressionism…. As you tour this village and its surrounding area, you will experience the same sensations that inspired Claude Monet: landscapes whose appearance alters with the changing of the light and wind, explosions of colours, cascades of flowers, endless reflections of the light.
Stop At: Fondation Claude Monet, 84 Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
Monet settled in Giverny in 1883. He untiringly transformed an abandoned domaine into a floral masterpiece, to be the inspiration for many of his greatest works of art. Monet was not only a painter of his own garden but also an artist whose painting trips took him away for lengthy periods of time. However, he was never really far from his garden .
The garden itself comprises a flower garden in front of the house and the more famous water gardens across the road. Monet began work on the water gardens about 10 years after arriving in Giverny. Interestingly locals were originally opposed to his plans to build water gardens, fearful that the strange plants would poison the water of the tributary feeding the ponds. The flower gardens cover about a hectare and are laid out in color-themed borders. There are literally thousands of flowers in these gardens including masses of tulips, irises, oriental poppies and peonies, all with the wonderful colors that inspired Monet's paintings.
The water gardens have a Japanese theme and include a replica of the Japanese bridge which featured in Monet's well-known painting. In addition to the gardens you’ll be able to visit Monet’s lovely and very colorful house.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Gare Saint-Lazare, 75008 Paris, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The voucher from Viator will NOT BE ACCEPTED at the entrance. You need to present the Entrance for Monet's House and Gardens. These will be sent to you via email the day before your tour.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- The agency will send you your train tickets (round trip from Paris to Vernon-Giverny) and your tour tickets by email 24H before the trip. Please check your spam or contact the supplier if you don’t receive it. Please confirm the reception of our email.
- There are parts of the tour that take place outdoors. You should wear clothes and shoes that are comfortable and appropriate to the weather.
- Please note that lunch is not included in the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- The gardens are wheelchair and stroller accessible, but the house is not.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.