Trail Running Day Tour In Atlas Mountains From Marrakech
The Atlas Mountains are famous for their unique mix of Berber culture and high mountaineering. They are less well known for their Trail Running potential. We aim to provide you with all the information you need to get out for the run of a lifetime in this unique landscape.
Ancient footpaths link up thousands of traditional Berber villages. They are out there just waiting to be discovered. Over time this site will contain information on the best of them. all of these routes are recommended by personal experience. We only display routes which we have personally run, and can therefore guarantee their suitability.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Local Guide
- Entry/Admission - High Atlas Mountains
What's excluded :
- Tip (Optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: High Atlas Mountains, 40000 Morocco
This is one of the classic trail running circuits from Imlil, and a good option for a warm-up on the first day of a running holiday in Imlil.
From the small village of Ager Sioual, you head up through Matat towards the coll at Tizi Oudite. The views of the plateau below, and the rock fortress of Jebel Angour are incomparable from here.
The trail then heads down to the berber village of Ait Aissa.
From here it’s a lovely run up a 4 × 4 track to the village of Tizi Oussem, perched on the hillside above walnut and apple tree groves. The Tazaghart Plateau is visible to the South West.
Heading up past a holy shrine above the village, the trail follows a mule track up to the top of the Tizi Mzik coll, and views over Imlil. It is possible from here to take a short diversion to the summit of Adrar
From the coll the trail then winds down to Mzik and finally the bridge at the center of Imlil, where a cold coke and possibly a hot tajine await!
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.