Traditional Water Puppet Show & Dinner On Cruise
With this tour we will treat you to a fantastic night out in HCMC, see a traditional Vietnamese Water Puppet performance, and delight in live folk music and native dancing as well as visit some of the city's highlights by motorbike, and relish a sumptuous meal on cruise along the Saigon River.
Our English-speaking driver will pick you up right at your hotel at 5:15 PM, and take a motorbike tour of some of Ho Chi Minh's main attractions and head to the Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theatre at 6:30 PM for an entertaining puppet show, accompanied by live, traditional music.
Next, we move to the cruise port, and begin your journey along the Saigon River at 7:45 PM. On the cruise, you can not only admire the views of Saigon by night from your cruise but also dine on tasty, Vietnamese food.
Our tour is completely Unique and Flexible for exploring the amazing Saigon life at night; therefore, stop hesitating, book our tour to enjoy right now!!!!
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- - Free pick-up and drop-off right at your place
- - Friendly, experienced and super-informative English tour-guide (also your driver)
- - Helmet, Raincoat, Full fuel
- - Entrance fee, parking fee
- - Dinner, water
- Entry/Admission - Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theater
What's excluded :
- - Personal expenses
- - Tips
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theater, 55B Nguyen Thi Minh Khai District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
At 5:45, we will pick-up you right at you hotel and then we move to the Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theater at District 1 to enjoy the show at 6:30 PM in an air-conditioned theatre, no intermission.
Originating in northern Vietnam’s Red River Delta, Water Puppetry is now firmly a proud Vietnamese tradition. Puppets dance on a “stage”, essentially a tank of water. The puppets are manipulated by puppeteers standing waist deep in the water hidden behind a screen. The show depicts every day pastoral scenes—riding a water buffalo, catching frogs, fishing—as well as folktales and humorous anecdotes, all set to live instruments and singing.
The show is entirely in Vietnamese and although the show’s pamphlet has the name of each set in English, “Dragon Dance” for example, there is no explanation and foreigners most likely won’t understand the nuances of what is happening. So it’s more of a sit back and enjoy the puppets coming to life, marveling at how the actions can seem so realistic while a team of people make it all happen from behind a curtain.
The show finishes at 7:15 PM.
Then, we move to District 4 to get on Cruise and enjoy dinner. The cruise will depart at 7:45, serving you Set menu or Buffet with extremely cozy atmosphere. During your dinner, you can also enjoy many wonderful performance of dancing, singing and traditional instrument playing.
Your cruise will move slowly on Saigon River to help you immerse in the Night life of HCMC, which is a very different point that you can not find with any land transportation.
After finishing dinner at about 9:20 on cruise and we will take you around to explore the city on scooter before we drop you off right at your hotel!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.